Collapse
18 results in 0.0201 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Champagneracing
    replied to Mig or Tig for auto stuff
    A solid Tig welder requires some skill to make a strong weld. A monkey can make a decent weld with a Mig unit. While your learning to be a good tig welder you will need a mig unit to patch stuff up until you get the skills to not need the mig unit. When that day comes and you are welding anything and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Champagneracing
    replied to Lead Weights
    Willy most guys take a small block chevy vavle cover weld up the breather hole and use that as a mold. You then load up the cover with them weights and take a rose bud to the weights and melt them all tell they all turn liquid(outside cause they will smoke). If I remeber correct one stock valve cover...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Champagneracing
    replied to 4130 question for you guys....
    Go right one ahead and Powder coat away. Just about ever sprint car in the country is powdercoated and ever Super comp and super gas car I ever built was powdercoated as well. A few have hit walls hard and no powder coating job has made any of the cars weak in anyway.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Champagneracing
    replied to roll bars
    I sure hope you only plan on using them yourself. Heaven forbid you sell one to someone, something happens, and the lawyers get involved....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• For someone now associated with anyone in the mix you sure missed on every account of things that have happened and things that are currently taking place. Blast panels on the front part of the blower opening helps releif concussion blasts when they light up a motor which is a safty issues NHRA address...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Champagneracing
    replied to Elite Cheaters
    Maybe Andy knows.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Champagneracing
    started a topic Elite Cheaters

Elite Cheaters

Does miller make a cheater that fits the full window on the BWE. I dont like the way the smaller cheaters work and curious if they make one that fits better.
    See more | Go to post

• Champagneracing
    replied to Tig welding thin aluminum
    Dont forget Tung size makes a difference as well. 1/16 with a nice end on it so you can have a stable arch at low amps. Anything anybigger the arc will dance around before it figures were it needs to go. Far as type the Gold 1.5% lanthanated Tung is what I myself have had a lot of success with but have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Champagneracing
    replied to Tungsten sharpening
    http://millerwelds.com/education/tec...ps/setup.html\

There information is itself on this site you just need to look for it. I myself have a wheel that all it is for is shaping nothing more. Vert or horiz. Makes a big difference when your welding AC in my experience DC its makes...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Champagneracing
    replied to Here's my Daytona pics
    I have myself seem Lincoln sponsored teams with nicely painted red machines that I am unable to find in a Lincoln website.COUGH dynasty COUGH.

O Andy that isnt bad what is bad is if you tell some people you are going to spend that time under a car greasy, Dirty and having a hard time...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Champagneracing
    replied to Nascar Chassis's
    DOM is also Mild Steel. The difference from DOM to ERW is DOM stands for draw over madrel were as Electro resistance welding ( think I got that out right). DOM uses the same process to be formed as 4130 chromoly hence the reason for the steep price increase from it to the ERW steel. ERW steel starts...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Champagneracing
    replied to Bud Shootout
    Im assumeing you do know know who her boyfriend is and it isnt Max Segiel
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Most purpose built racing karts for dirt are made with 1 1/8 -1 1/4 4130 with .065 to .083 wall thickness.

and most Euro build road course karts are 28 30 an 32 mm not sure on the wall thickness 4130 moly frames as well .

Stainless will crack mild steel is to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Champagneracing
    replied to nascar jobs
    Even though the post is two years old the question it self isnt. Best way to get a job in Nascar in a fab postion is to start local. Find you a shop that builds Sprint cars, High end Drag cars or Asphalt Latemodels and try to get employed by them. You will have a chance to brush up on some skills and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Most current Dirt kart frames are 4130 frames that are infact mig welded. Like anyone on here can atest its not the type of welding that is the fault of a broken piece but skill level of the operator. With practice you can get a moly weld done with a mig gun to be just as strong as a good tig weld....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X