26 results in 0.0127 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• dredgewelder
    started a topic High freq problem

High freq problem

Hello welders. Im having a problem with my high frequency start on my syn 200. i can scratch start on dc+,dc- and ac but hf start, i changed power cords tig head and opened up the welder and set the gap to .008 as the manuel recommened. there is spark between the gaps but it seems to be all around it...
    See more | Go to post

• dredgewelder
    started a topic sch 31 ? confused !!!

sch 31 ? confused !!!

Hey guys i have a question concerning a pipe test i have tommorrow.The staffing company i got the test through says the contractors test is a 4 inch sch 31 tig in stick out . Ive welded plenty of pipe but i have never heard of sch 31 pipe.Ive looked in my fitters book and see a sch 30 pipe but it its...
    See more | Go to post

• dredgewelder
    started a topic torch mounted on/off switch

torch mounted on/off switch

I was woundering if there was a cheaper way to hook a on/off switch for my sync 200.I can purchase the button for 40 dollars but the complete setup is 160 dollars
    See more | Go to post

• dredgewelder
    replied to business talk
    thanks for the reply . when i first tried to start sticking with a set price was hard and i got a lot of 10 15 dollor jobs people were greatful but i was not making no money. but this go around im sticking with the minimum price and the bill price is the price.but i will be fair with people and when...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dredgewelder
    started a topic business talk

business talk

hi fellow welders hope all is well.I would like to say ive done a search on this topic and got some good info on it . what im looking for is just some critic on a job i done today. ive been welding for 10 years now for a dredge comp,a few pipe companys. and some nuclear shutdowns.ive done some side...
    See more | Go to post

• dredgewelder
    replied to cutting aluminum
    Thanks for your advice. i plan on makeing my rack out of aluminum but i am planning on getting in to the anodize welding later. i have a sync 200 but when im ready to do anodized i want to get a dyn 200 so i can do portable. naturally im a pipewelder thats whats ive been doing for quite a while now....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dredgewelder
    replied to cutting aluminum
    thanks

Thank you for ur help.i did a search on this topic but with my wife in college and one computer she is always online doing work. i would like to say thank you for your time and advice i have learned alot from you guys happy welding and keep it burning.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dredgewelder
    started a topic cutting aluminum

cutting aluminum

what is the best for cutting aluminum and anodized aluminum. a dry cut saw or a bandsaw. want to make a ladder rack for my truck out of anodized . thanks for your help.
    See more | Go to post

• dredgewelder
    started a topic Setup Ideas

Setup Ideas

I have a small welding business mostly repairing dozers,backhoes etc. I have a bobcat 250 a mm210 with spoolgun and a sync 200. This is more of a side job right now. i got a few repeat clients. i do light aluminum work in my shop right now but im starting to get people needing me to come to them for...
    See more | Go to post

• dredgewelder
    started a topic info on pipefitting

info on pipefitting

I need some info on how to fit pipe. My name is raymomd and i just graduated from wec welding school.Currently i am a certified pipewelder for carolina energy soulitions. I tested on 2in 160 and 6in 160. I also want to learn how to fit pipe. Ive done some fitting mostley just squareing flanges on pipe....
    See more | Go to post

• thankyou bob the welder

bob it is a good oppertunity.there is a good chance they wont throw me straight in to the nuclear work as they also do nonnuke plants.also they have done my backgrond check and im as clean as a whisle thats something im proud of.as far as following rules and procedures...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• dredgewelder
    started a topic ? about wec welding school

? about wec welding school

on oct 2 i will be graduating from tulsa welding school.5 days later i start a 5 month training program at wec.after grauduiation if i sign a 2000 hr contract at 18 bucks an hour plus overtime and perdiem the training is free and they put me to work with one of the numerous companies westinghouse owns....
    See more | Go to post

• dredgewelder
    started a topic tungsten ?

tungsten ?

I was woundering what some of u guys use to sharpen ur tung. I have a benchgrinder but i feel that the stone on it is contaminting it. i have a syn 200 ive dedicated 1 side just 4 tung. when i weld steel and i stop the tip of my tung is yellow. when i took my tig class at school i used a belt sander...
    See more | Go to post

• dredgewelder
    started a topic stainless ?

stainless ?

I need to bend some 316L stainless.it is 1/4 in . i dont have a machine that can bend it . i was woundering if i could use my torch and bend it .the part will be polished afterwards. if heating will weaken it then ill take it to a shop. any input will be appreciated.
    See more | Go to post

• dredgewelder
    started a topic which bandsaw blades

which bandsaw blades

was woundering which blades u guys use. i just bought the 4x6 grizzley saw.i cut mostley carbon steel .i would like a bi metal blade though. must say the little griz does a fine job for only 280 bucks. any help would b greatly appreciated.
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X