No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
306 results in 0.1616 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• My biggest concern will be the electronics associated with variable speed motors. I'll have a Yaskawa drive on my water well and then a few ECM motors in hvac AHUs. The heat pump will have a drive in it, but system capacity would probably not support its operation. There is also the considerations...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 04-04-2016, 06:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SkidSteerSteve
    started a topic Big Blue 400 pro AC waveform

Big Blue 400 pro AC waveform

Well, its been a few years since I've been on the forum, but I have a topic that I haven't seen discussed while using the search function. I still have my Bobcat 250. It's still doing everything I need it to do, but I'm starting to look at changing the lineup. While I don't need any more capacity for...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 04-04-2016, 04:21 AM.

• How about a micro friction stir welder? Relatively quiet, no sparks, confined heat affected zone, minimal fumes.

Oh wait....you could buy a fully stock shop for the price of that machine.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• fixed

Ok...after WAY WAY too long out from under a welding hood I finally got to work on some of my own projects this weekend. Sad, but true, the past year to 18 months has been spent dealing with issues from work to personal life that just make you not want to be an adult anymore. ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've tried jumpering the pins, I've put my VOM on the pedal and it checks out, I had the local dealer put the pedal on a machine in their shop and it worked fine. Speaking of shops, I've had two repair shops look at it and neither one can tell me what's wrong with it. I don't get any HF start or anything....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 05-26-2009, 02:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SkidSteerSteve
    started a topic Syncrowave 180 SD trouble

Syncrowave 180 SD trouble

Just wanted to see if anybody has run into this. The machine comes on just fine and works in stick like normal. I switch to TIG and nothing. The lights are on, and the displays work along with the setting controls. That's it, nothing from the pedal. Already been through the basics. Put the pedal...
    See more | Go to post

• This thing is still going???

Gees, I didn't realize a monster had been created here. This thing has taken on a life of it's own. Wish I had more time to hang out on the forums, but life has put me back in the field a lot more than the office this past year. That can be taken good and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• For the record, I'm not a oil guy, but I do live in the middle of oil country and know several people in the industry. The overall vibe I get from most people is that yes, it probably would bring prices down. First of all, it would kick the speculation investors to the curb with the rest of the trash....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 06-11-2008, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SkidSteerSteve
    replied to New Generator Design
    They beat me to it!

Well, as with most things in life, I'm a dollar short and a day late. Apparently the good folks over at Cummins/Onan had this idea in their head already. It's not exactly what I was thinking, but a really close (and, personally I think even better).

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SkidSteerSteve
    replied to Miller Banner
    If you are in a position that you just need to make a few purchases, then think about getting a visa or mastercard gift card from just about any local bank. you can load it up with whatever amount you want and then use it as you need it. That way there is never an outstanding debt and they work like...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SkidSteerSteve
    replied to bobcat 225 generator
    The units typically work in one of two settings. Either in run or run/idle. When in run the unit will stay at high idle all the time. On run/idle, it will run at low idle when there is no load and high idle when any load is applied. It doesn't vary between the two. A 100watt light bulb or a 5kw...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 01-06-2008, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SkidSteerSteve
    replied to OT reddy heater question
    I'm assuming the style heater you are talking about is a "jet engine" style for lack of better description. The reason I ask is that I have some older wick style fuel oil heaters, but they aren't that big. Anyway...... My dad has an old Master heater that had a similar problem years ago....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 01-03-2008, 07:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SkidSteerSteve
    replied to wrought iron?
    The term "wrought iron" now typically pertains to what you are mentioning, which is just ornamental steel work. Originally, wrought was a classification of iron having to do with it's carbon content and other factors in it composition. Unless it is some specific piece of historical work...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SkidSteerSteve
    started a topic New Generator Design

New Generator Design

Well, since we've been without power going on the sixth day now, I have had plenty of time to really get to know my generating capacity. Like many of you guys, my mind never, ever stops turning and yes I have laid awake in bed listen to a twenty HP Onan suck down $2.75/gal 87 Octane at the average...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 12-15-2007, 09:33 AM.

• When we wired the place, instead of going with the auto switch gear, we just put in a manual, three hundred amp between the meter base and the panel. This way, just plug in and throw the switch and use what you want. Of course, you have to self regulate the consumption because there's only some much...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X