No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
303 results in 0.1720 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Well, one suggestion, if you know someone who is good at sewing, maybe find a 2x2' piece (or smaller, whatever would cover the area that you regularly burn) and have them sew it on to the front of your coveralls, and see if it works or not. If so, either go with that and replace it as necessary, or...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Difference between the D-74 MPa Plus & D-74DX besides $?

I have been eyeing the D-74DX for a while now, and have been keeping occasional watch on Fleabay in case one comes up at a decent price, in good condition. I was putzing around this morning, and wandered to the site here this morning, just to see what the specs on it were, and came across this series...
    See more | Go to post

• Sorry about the dupe posts, this came up as Empty Response when I attemped to post it, so I tried a few times. If a mod could delete the dupes, I'd appreciate it. Thanks
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

I have been eyeing the D-74DX for a while now, and have been keeping occasional watch on Fleabay in case one comes up at a decent price, in good condition. I was putzing around this morning, and wandered to the site here this morning, just to see what the specs on it were, and came across this series...
    See more | Go to post

See more | Go to post

See more | Go to post

See more | Go to post

• alha
    replied to New talk forum
    I've just gotten back on after a bit of an absence, and haven't noticed much in terms of issues, but then, it's only been a half hour... As to the look of the new site, at least the forums as I haven't yet been out to the main site to browse around, I have to say that I like the simple, clean layout....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by alha; 01-28-2016, 12:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alha
    replied to Sourcing steel?
    Well, sometimes it pays to network, and treat your customers as you would want to be treated. I was at a customers house yesterday, and when I was leaving with him thru his garage I noticed some interesting stuff, large (12"+) powered gate valves, etc. I asked him about them, we got into a conversation...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• alha
    Well, went back in and had a talk with them, at least with the office mgr. Found out a few interesting things, one was that due directly to my little 'situation' we had, they implemented a new training program for the guys in the yard on how to write up tickets, as well as they are going to be opening...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• alha
    Well, I didn't hear back from him, but I may stop back in and have a quick chat. I guess, from reading your replies, that I got a decent price on it, but my thought was that this piece was most likely going to be scrapped, and the .55 was above what he'd get for scrapping it, though the labor for cutting...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by alha; 03-04-2013, 06:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alha
    started a topic Sourcing steel?

Sourcing steel?

Well, I had an unpleasant experience yesterday at my local steel supplier here in the twin cities, Discount Steel. The history: I am making a lead smelting pot out of 14" pipe, 5/8" wall, about 10" high. I put on a 1" bottom plate on it. I purchased the parts for it from them about...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by alha; 02-28-2013, 04:17 AM.

• End up selling your 1000?

Just curious if you ended up selling your 1000?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dan, I am local here too, what did they charge you for your wire, and how did you manage to get the pres to deliver it to you from Faribault? Sweet deal, think he would do it for a new customer? He might have been making a trip up here to the cites, and dropped it off on his way? Let me know, Thank...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• alha
    replied to Creating a safe place to weld...
    I'll 2nd the comments above, and as a retired FF, I'll def 2nd wetting everything in a wide radius before you start sparking, either welding or grinding. The cement board is a good idea, be sure to try to limit your activities when it's windy outside. Sparks travel further, get into places you might...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X