Collapse
500 results in 0.3017 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• MAC702
    replied to Amperage Fluctuation
    To what input voltage are you plugged in?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to Dialarc HF
    I'm an electrician and I don't know what you mean by this. What exactly are you measuring at "10mm"? What is the duty cycle of the job being done by the 14-ga wire? How many amps is it expected to carry during that duty cycle?

Actually, China produces crap in some factories and...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by MAC702; 05-16-2022, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to Gas line splittler??
    Because no one cares if air is leaking out of couplers while in use....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to Dialarc HF
    The "rating" depends on the governing body and the circumstances. The manufacturer is not limited to the extra safety measures in the typical electrical construction codes. And separately, welding equipment (plasma cutters are often the same in this regard) has a duty cycle that allows for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to $125 333a/bp
    Not keeping us updated regularly will result in immediate [email protected]
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to Dialarc HF
    If I'm picturing what you are describing, you have two "100" levers on a 2-pole breaker that are connected together? That means you have 100A of 240V available at that breaker. When you have just one lever on a single-pole breaker, it's that amount of 120V. This will usually be limited...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to Dialarc HF
    No, it doesn't work that way. You need an electrician....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to Cracked tubing repair (TIG)
    I should have been specific. I was wanting to know the width of the gap you are trying to fill to see how much exposure to the inside of the tube you'll have.

I don't see an issue since the appearance of the inside doesn't matter, and perfect structural strength isn't needed like a pressure...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to Cracked tubing repair (TIG)
    I've only heard of people really caring about this on stainless steels, but I do very little TIG welding myself so don't know how much difference it makes on mild steel. Are you able to back-purge the tubing with an inert gas? How big is the crack? Maybe you won't even have significant overpenetration...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My big outfit is outside just to keep it out of the way. My portable kit is in the truck toolbox at all times, with extra oxygen and acetylene cylinders. I'll probably need new hoses on the big kit next time I need it just from sun damage.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• They are a big waste of space when not being used. My Victor Journeyman set is in the backyard. I'm actually considering selling it, too, just because it's used so rarely now. I use the small plumbing kits to do HVAC copper brazing all the time with Oxy/Acetylene, but it been years since I torch-cut...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to Hf251
    Totally forgot that. Thanks....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to Hf251
    Keep in mind that the AC welding power from the TB301G (that's the machine I ran for years) is not able to be manipulated, if you want that capability so commonly found in the inverter-based machines these days.

But, if you are doing big jobs, the welding output of the TB can give you more...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to Hf251
    Depends on what kind of TIG welding you need to do.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied to Shutdown protocol question
    And you should shut it off at the end of a welding session, not just for the weekend.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X