Collapse
174 results in 0.0810 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• acwd1950
    replied to Miller Big 40
    Have you checked the brushes and cleaned the commutator?

Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied to Spoolmate 100 tip problems?
    I thought Miller was made here in the states?

Chinese spoolguns eh! So, Bob, you used your existing nozzle and cut it down and drilled and tapped it? I agree with you on the tip being the problem! It doesnt matter if its a 2 inch weld or a 4 inch weld after awhile you better be looking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied to Spoolmate 100 tip problems?
    Cruizer,
    Miller part# 186406 is the tips I have been using. Those are .035 tips. #186419 is the .030 tips. It burns off right end of the tip and welds itself to the inside. Its alot worse if you use .030 tip with .030 wire!

Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    started a topic Spoolmate 100 tip problems?

Spoolmate 100 tip problems?

I got spoolmate 100 on a 211. No problems with the 211 but the spoolmate is a different story! After a short while of welding aluminum the wire burns to the tip. Usually on start or restart. I am using 4043 .030 wire. Tried a .035 tip, reduced weld time, and changed voltage and wire speed. Clipped the...
    See more | Go to post

• acwd1950
    replied to Alum. welding info wanted
    At the top of the page click on resources and then click on improving your skills and then click on tig resources. Then find tig handbook and download it. It is a pdf file and you can download it by chapters. It has came in very handy at times for me. Its well worth the time to read.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied to Scam???
    Maybe they ran it low on water and overheated it and fried the rings also. Maybe the warranty wouldnt cover it because the lack of proper maintenance. But with 94 hours shouldnt require very little maintenance. Even someone could have messed with it drained the water. Either way I would be afraid of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied to Big blue 400 shutdown problem
    Fuel shut off solenoid possibly or the switch is what I guess.

Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied to T- Joint shock
    My question is what setting at 36 and 65? Are you trying to weld it using AC? If you are that would explain alot. We need more information, please! I would suggest that you go to the top of the page under resources, click on improving your skills and click on tig welding resources and download the tig...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Have you tried it on high idle? I would check the brushes and commutators. Make sure that the brushes are not stuck and moving freely in the holder and the commutator are clean. My sa 200 does that every once and awhile if it sits for a few rainy days and its stored inside. Lock out the idle control...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied to Millermatic 35 porous welds
    While back there was someone who was having about the same problem you are and the regulator was bad. Have you tried a different regulator? Checked the lines for leaks? Thats where I would start.

Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied to dual shielded FC, why?
    I use ESAB dual shield wire. Used it to build a loader frame for a skidsteer last summer. Nice pretty welds no spatter. Flux almost falls off. Awesome stuff! Should have got .035 instead of .045. Then I could run it in the 211. A 33 lb spool cost me 80 bucks and that was with tax!

Stev...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied to setting up an intelliweld 650
    I am NOT 100% sure on all of this but it looks like its set up for 460 volts. I edited one of your pictures to show how I think it should be wired for 230 volts. There should be two jumpers together as it is now (per leg). Unbolt the jumpers and separate them. Them install as shown in the edited photo(per...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied to Whats going on here?
    Too much gas flow can cause porosity due to the fact that it can suck air into gas covered area. Drop your gas flow down to 18 and run some bead. Also make sure your nozzle and tip are clean. Check the orifices make sure they are clean to prevent the lack of gas flow.

Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied to Whats going on here?
    Few things come to mind, wire tension at the drive rollers, make sure the gun is fully seated, and check the polarity. If you are welding indoors and no to very little air movement you can turn down the gas pressure. 15 to 20 should be a good place to start.

Steve
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• acwd1950
    replied to Passport Plus or 211
    I would go with the 211 because some time down the road you might end up with a similar job with heavier metal to weld. Can never have too many or too big of welders! Also with the 211 the duty cycle would be longer because you wouldnt be running it as hard as the passport. Thats my opinion on it....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X