Collapse
105 results in 0.0569 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• awill4x4
    replied to applogize in advance..
    I've got a Miller Elite that I've had for a few years now.
    No real issues apart from breaking a couple of head bands.
    Compared to my mates Speedglas I find the Speedglas more comfortable and the colour through the lens a bit better compared to the Elite.
    When this Elite dies I think...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The electrical "noise" is the Autoline voltage sensing system and is common through the Dynasty range.
    Both mine and my mates Dynasty 350's make the same noise.
    Regards Andrew from Oz.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• awill4x4
    replied to CK FlexLoc Tig torch query.
    Dave, thank you for your prompt answer.
    Are you using your torch in the small wp20 or the larger wp18 ?
    I see the FlexLoc's are rated at 230 amps for the 20's and 250 amps for the larger head 18's
    I've used large 18/26's for most of my working life but recently started using the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• awill4x4
    started a topic CK FlexLoc Tig torch query.

CK FlexLoc Tig torch query.

I've seen the videos of CK's range of FlexLoc torches with the 360 degree rotating heads and they interest me quite a bit.
    I'm just trying to get my head around the water cooled range and how they actually work in getting water up around the head of torch during welding.
    I just can't see...
    See more | Go to post

• Thanks Dave, I've done as you have and decreased the starting amperage and you're right it gives a much smoother start compared the factory settings.
    On the factory .095" tungsten settings it was as though the starting amps were digging into the material to be welded.
    It's much better...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• awill4x4
    started a topic Dynasty 350 starting arc query

Dynasty 350 starting arc query

I've just bought a Dynasty 350 for myself and got it set up yesterday.
    I know the 350 gives the option on what polarity the electrode starts with.
    Is there a rule of thumb whether it should be positive or negative?
    I'd like to experiment with both polarities but is this only applicable...
    See more | Go to post

• awill4x4
    replied to Inverters have a short life.
    My Japanese OTC AVP300 amp inverter Tig machine is still going strong and it's got to be over 12 years old now.
    It's an older style analogue machine which doesn't have some of the features the new machines have now but it still has the best AC balance control of any machine I've used.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• awill4x4
    replied to Notcher for milling machine?
    We just use an RMR roughing cutter for all our tube notching needs on our Bridgeport style mill.
    As Sprintcar repairs are one of our main sources of work we do lots of tube notching and as the pics below show we tilt the tube in the vice.
    This is done solely for speed of manufacture, ideally...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Any particular reason for using .156"?
    It seems a very thick tube wall thickness especially when you are using Cr/MO.
    As a comparison, the Sprintcar chassis' we repair, the tube thicknesses for the main top rails are only .095" and the rest of the chassis varies from .083",...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• awill4x4
    replied to can't make a stright weld
    Also, don't be too proud to refuse using a cheater magnification lens.
    I use a 1.5 X most of the time and if the amps are really low I'll put on my reading glasses as well.
    Regards Andrew from Oz.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about it.
    When my friend bought his pre "blue lightning" Dynasty 350 we referred to it as the most expensive scratch start Tig money can buy. (we were wrong, obviously the pre blue lightning Dyn 700 was)
    We tried all the internal...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Yes, .125 or thicker should be ok.
    Also look at your weld joint design, try to steer away from corner to corner welds and maybe look at using a lap weld design.
    If not, can you get access to weld internally as well as externally?
    I'd use 4043 filler unless the weldment needs to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• awill4x4
    replied to Magnesium advice?
    Tyler you may get away with using your Diversion 165 as you don't need as many amps with Magnesium compared to Aluminium.
    Use a die grinder with a coarse cutter and you'll find it doesn't clog up like Aluminium does to grind a groove where you need to weld.
    Also use the die grinder to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• When Sundown111 explained the process he said not to use a foot pedal but a momentary switch on the gun.
    No upslope or downslope, instant maximum heat to move the anodising and form a weld pool, dab the filler and stop then repeat till the weld was done.
    I think your material thickness...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• For me the situations where I revert to standard collet body/ceramics include any kind of coated steel, (eg: zincalum, HPC coated etc.) Diecast Aluminium and particularly Magnesium.
    Regards Andrew.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X