Collapse
57 results in 0.0454 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• pull-do
    replied to nitrogen purge
    Use to use nitrogen as a purge gas, butt the PEI dept. stopped it, said it caused cracking,,,, never used on the torch, it won't work. The shops use to use the nitrogen because of price, but you have to use more to accomplish the same purge as argon, so it works out in the wash to just use argon, IMHO....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pull-do
    replied to Bench top welding positioner?
    We bought our table tops from Bowers Equipment, Humble, Tx.,, 200 lb. capacity,,, @6",, I put mine on a roll around table top,, it's what I use for welding my 1/2" thru 3" pipe. The center shaft has about a 5/8" dia. hole in the center that I run my purge line through. I've had mine...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pull-do
    replied to Opinions on TB 275
    I wouldn't, that MIGHT be a good one, but my trailblazer sucks, plus miller acts like they're the only game in town. I've been using their plug in machines since the 70's, good stuff, motor driven, never again.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pull-do
    replied to 251 trailblazer
    Well I now have a whopping 154 hrs on the machine,,,, board is out again,,,, piece of junk, wish I could un load this thing, anybody need a boat anchor?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pull-do
    replied to Onan Engine Question
    You won't get a better de-carbon cleaner than the BG product line,,, like a BG44k you add to your fuel ever so often,, good stuff for not having to pull the heads. If your burning that crap ethonal 10%, no getting around the carboning, wait till the gub-mit makes us burn the e15.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pull-do
    replied to Welding ventilation
    Can't have to much ventilation,,,ask my 65 yr old lungs with 48 yrs of welding or grinding with them,,, take care of those lungs young man, only two per customer.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Personally I like the tweco 150 amp flex head torch, but I think they've gone out of business or sold out, all we used in the furnaces was the tweco, man their tough,, the power cable use to be called "super flex" one piece,, two piece (two hoses, one power one gas) equals junk in my book....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I can tell you the 251nt Trailblazers are over $600.00 for their board,,,,,, mine went out with a smidge over 109 hrs on the clock,,,,, welcome to corporate America,,,,, pitifull in my books....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pull-do
    replied to pipe templates
    Do it all the time, dummy legs, pipe/90 supports, what ever name you want to hang on it. Piece of cake.

If you want to make up your own templates, then I'd suggest buying the "Pipe Fabricators Blue Book" by W.V. Graves,,,,,,,,, not the "Pipe Fitters Blue Book", different...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pull-do
    replied to 251 trailblazer
    Just found this,,,,,,, Welcome to the world of corporate America!!!!!!

My 251 NT, is kept in the garage under cover with a 119 hours on the ticker, board out in it, my buddies has gone out twice, garage kept with about 300 hours on it,,,,,, there's a bunch of different updated boards...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pull-do
    replied to Tungsten sharpening
    We've always used a bench grinder to sharpen the tungsten, personally I point my tungsten up into the wheel, resting my hands on the table, I also use a twist drill holder to grip the tung. and rotate it.

I like to take mine to a fairly decent needle point, also when sharpening with...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pull-do
    replied to Question for Andy
    I'm not in this line of work, but they stress the same thing in process pipe welding, and I would guess because of the HAZ.

Looks like the roll cages are mig welded and all the critical front end and and other "hook" up points, don't know the proper terms, are pulse/tig arc,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pull-do
    replied to How to weld a mild steel roll cage
    Yes, there is, for process piping....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pull-do
    replied to Aluminum woes... as usual..
    Hate to hear about you giving up, but I totally understand, in my humble experience with al. as you stated is clean, clean, clean and heat.

On the 3/4" material, I'd preheat to a least 500 deg. and stick with the 5/32 tungsten w/ a little stick out at most, never used the scotch...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Just depends on you and how good of welder your are, IMO, if you feel like you need to remove the welds, go for it, if it was mine, AND it ain't and I didn't want to take the time to grind them out or at least just groove the crack,------------
    I'd run a hot 6010 down through the crack, which...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X