Collapse
32 results in 0.0087 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• bfloyd4445
    replied to First Pic
    Thanks, good idea. I'm thinking of a narrow ramp with sides to keep them going in the right direction like a chute. Toying with the idea of making dividers to separate animals and stop them from slopping around and to balance load. My trailer already has a system that allows ramps to be put at any location...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bfloyd4445
    replied to First Pic
    [QUOTE=chilinges;2873]Hey Dan, here some picks on the finished trailer with wheels and tires plus the goat getter attached.

Great job! And idtto the cearlier compliment on priming. New paints are very good but priming always makes for a better longer lasting job.
    I've been thinking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bfloyd4445
    replied to On line welding supply store
    [ Service is all the smaller shops can do. We have a very good reputation for fixing what others can't [won't] fix so thats where the moneys at. Not cheap mind you, but fixed.[/QUOTE]

Yep, pricey at first glance, but when you add up all the other visits to the shop for help and advice...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bfloyd4445
    Example. My father is a Toro lawn equipment dealer, he pays for a Toro push mower what Homedepot sells a toro push mower for. How can you compete with that. Unfortunatley the Home Depots/ Lowes/wal-marts have pushed the small guys out. Sad, but free enterprise I guess.[/QUOTE]

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bfloyd4445
    Home depot, yuck! But I end up going there anyway myself. I've been lucky having good local dealers for gasses and welding supplies close by, like Harris Industrial Gasses, and Barnes welding Supply, both of which always come through. Sales tax is a big issue but even with that they can often work with...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bfloyd4445
    In my experience if you give the local guy a try and are not trying to buy one low priced thing, but a major purchase, they will give you a deal if they can. Or maby your local guy is a jerk, then by all means buy online and then find a different gas supplier!!!![/QUOTE]

Well...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bfloyd4445
    replied to latest bbq pit/hitch covers
    Beer get hot???? Geez........yur supposed to drink the beer not let it sit around! Beer is fur drinkin not sittin. The beer can holder, is a beer can holder. the full beer is in the hand not occupied with cookin. ain't that why God gave man two hands?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• [QUOTE=TJsparks]Sorry about the confusion.

Naw, no apology necessary, I was the confused one, still am. Hey, never had a welder that I can plug into any old plug before. Gonna be interesting. Thanks for the input TJ
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you for the very detailed explanation. Gonna print it out for reference. I think I will opt for a fifty foot 8/4 which I can use for single of 3 phase. Will be heavier but I will only need the one cord for single of three pahse. I don't have three phase at the house but I do at my irrigation pump...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bfloyd4445
    replied to latest bbq pit/hitch covers
    Looks great! Best lookin barbeque I have seen! And that aint no joke. Wish I had one of those. Gonna have to build one someday, but if I do I'm sure it won't look as good as yours.
    It will have one very important modification, a beer can holder! Don't need no spilt beer<smile>
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks TJ. I got my info from my owners manual for my Dynasty 200DX, section 4-11. Calls for #14/4 at 460 volts 3 phase up to 400 feet. I thought that would make a pretty handy and light weight cord. Of course 50 feet would be more than ample for me. The manual also recomends #10 for single phase 110V...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 460 VAC 3 phase 20-30 amp extension cord

Was thinking of making a 460v extension cord of 50 feet. Anybody done this? I can't seem to find any suitable plugs and receptacles. if 460 3phase is available you can use #14 wire for extension cords making long ones very light and compact.
    See more | Go to post

• bfloyd4445
    replied to Tripod-type Crane
    Do you wish a tripod or a crane? The two are very very different.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Yep! I agree. All were very fine and it would be difficult to choose between any of the top ten. There were some very fine projects submitted that exhibited not only fine welding skills but demonstrate outstanding design and engineering skills that in my estimation should have been in the top thre...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• bfloyd4445
    replied to Shoping for a welder
    I use a Lincoln 175 plus alot for light stuff cause of its portability. The Millermatic 210 would do great if portability isn't an issue. I just bought a Miller Dynasty 200DX cause I wanted a tig and it will plug into anything.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X