Collapse
88 results in 0.0109 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• drewworm
    replied to Motorcycle training wheels
    Further proof people with debate any subject to death!

Anyway, here is the answer to the question that you asked: Axle is 28" wide. A 10" diameter air-filled tire sits outboard of the measurment I gave so that means the entire set-up is about 36" wide. The axle is 1/2...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Took me some time to get used to it. Try the airline. Don't expect to cut too thick with the 375.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Man, I always forget something. I wanted to mention that 5.5 cfm is by no means a lot of air. That is more air than you have now, but a good air compressor puts out 15 or 16 CFM. My plasma cutter (Miller 2050) requires 6.0 CFM according to the manual. The manual also states to set my pressure on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My stuff has all the same 1/4 fittings that you have. I feel that the hose made a difference for me, but I had the hose sitting there and didn't have to buy one.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Just to clarify. I don't have any degree in fluid, mechanics, or hydraulics. Just the experience I have earned and learned. The real deal may tell you his opinion and say I'm blowing smoke.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ultimately, it would be best if you could put EVERY fitting at 1/2 i.d. A person versed in hydraulics, or fluid mechanics could give you the best answer with regard to frictional losses. There are things we don't think about that make a difference. The number of 3/8 fittings in your line makes a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• drewworm
    replied to Plasma safety
    I've been using the helmet, but it is hard to see the lines and with autodark it keeps flashing between "shade" or "no-shade" as the brightness from the plasma torch fluctuates. The first time I cut I was using the O/A goggles which are pretty dark, but don't cover any of your face....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• drewworm
    started a topic Plasma safety

Plasma safety

I've been cutting away with my spectrum 2050 and want to know what other folks are using for eye protection. I'm using my regular Miller autodark welding hood, but it seems to have drawbacks. Can you use something like goggles people use for O/A cutting?
    What about skin protection - Can you...
    See more | Go to post

• drewworm
    replied to Welding truck
    Finney, I saw a thread called Welding truck #2 and realized I hijacked your thread with my plasma rant. I apologize about that. Still think the truck looks good and I'm waiting to see the finished pics.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• drewworm
    replied to TIG Machine Purchase???
    I always try and buy the bigger machine so I don't have to re-purchase at a later date. Unfortunately, you will not find your answer here. You and only you know what thickness you weld, how much you weld, and the possibility of getting jobs that require more amps. I haven't priced the 2 machines...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I might be buying the cheap ones, but I don't remember seeing brass with regard to the male part of the quick disconnect. All my female connectors (brass) look good, but the male zinc plated parts have corrosion inside the airway only. I haven't always had an operational water separator nor have I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The 3/8 line I swapped out was 25', the 1/2 I replaced it with is 100' (it was all I had). I did see an improvement. Don't know if a shorter line will make it even better. With my crappy Sears compressor, the 1/2 line acts as an extra reservoir.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Like I said...I'd come back and restate my opinion of the Spectrum 2050. I used the machine lots this weekend to cut 6" .25 wall pipe and 1/2 plate. I took someones recommendation and swapped my 3/8 airline for a 1/2 line and applied some other advice as I set to cutting the 1/2 plate. First,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• drewworm
    replied to Welding truck
    The pipe I cut this weekend was .25 wall 6 inch. I used wizard wrap to soap a even line around the pipe. I used your advice and got some good cuts. Piercing was the easiest part. I did wander the torch here and there which makes for a nasty uneven cut. On flat stock, I clamp a board for a straight...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• drewworm
    replied to Help perfecting tig bead.
    Z28...Nothing to be embarrased about there. Weld looks good considering what I put up sometimes. I've heard the term "walk-the-cup" but don't know what it refers to.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X