No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
70 results in 0.0375 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I'm not going to get into the weld repair part of this thread but if the tractor was Mine I'd buy a used turbo outlet elbow from a tractor salvage yard. Visit "redpowermagazine.com" And then there's always "yesterdaystractors.com" which I try to avoid at all costs.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• POWERSTROKE
    replied to Onan Engine Questions
    Company I used to work for used MAGNALOY Couplings on their product. I talked to the Owner several times. We used MUCH bigger couplings, their #600 series if I remember right. $$$$$$ and the magnesium was prone to inter-granular corrosion in Our application....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• POWERSTROKE
    replied to john force crash
    McKinney in Lafayette? Been a bad year for them too!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• POWERSTROKE
    replied to rewelding a centerlink
    My suggestion too, clearance the pan and leave the tierods & draglink stock....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I bet well over 50% of the gasoline car/pickup engines have cast iron crankshafts. What You may be thinking of is Mallable or DUCTILE Iron. MANY years ago also known as "semi-steel" It responds to heat-treating somewhat like steel but still had the carbon or graphite globules only because...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• POWERSTROKE
    replied to Fill or not to fill?
    The other thing You can do to take the curl out of wire is to put one end in a vice and pull the other and try to STRETCH it just a bit..... .035" welding wire will take some effort to stretch but it WILL be straight except for the very ends.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NOPE - Tire, which looked to be tubeless BTW caught the edge of the bridge deck and pulled the tire bead off the bead of the rim. It's just flat.

Total cost of the tractor, air seeder, seed & fertilizer exceeds $2 Million US I expect. New replacement cost higher still....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• POWERSTROKE
    replied to Hendricks Motor Sports
    The problem I see now with NASCAR as opposed to 20+ yrs ago when I was a fan is Now the regulate technology too much. There's NOTHING in common between the race cars on the track and the cars sitting in the parking lot. Almost all cars now use single or dual OHC's with variable cam timing, All street...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• POWERSTROKE
    replied to Cultivator for quad
    I've got a 20 HP Cub Cadet that weighs over 1000# with Me on it and I'm sure that cultivator could stop it DEAD in it's tracks! Seven big sweeps like those would pull hard! VERY nice work! There's a growing number of farm equip. being built to about that same half or quarter scale showing up at...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• POWERSTROKE
    replied to Stainless Scrap
    The price of the nickel content in 300-series stainless is just STUPID right now....Nickel itself was up to about $52,500 a TON on the LME a week or so ago....it's dropped to $49,850 as of yesterday. Two years ago it was about 1/3 that price or a little less.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• POWERSTROKE
    replied to Welding Table Top
    Almost looks like it might be T-1 plate....the reddish cast would be the heat-treat scale.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Along those same lines.....A.M.Castle Metals in their Chicago warehouse have one of the two largest lazers in the US, at least back about 7 yrs ago when I toured their warehouse..... The other one was I think in Castle's Philadelphia warehouse.... table measured 10 or 12 ft wide by 40 (forty) feet ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Company I used to have do very large machine work made HUGE hydraulic presses....They would buy propeller shafting from salvaged ocean-going ships to use as the piston rods...so 16" to 20" dia piston RODS....the pistons would be several FEET in diameter.....and they submerged arc welded those...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• POWERSTROKE
    replied to building a trailer
    Axle placement totally depends on how the "Normal Load" will be placed since this is evidently a dedicated use trailer. Depending on what the tow vehicle is the tongue load can be greater than the recommended 10-15% without poor trailing characteristics which means setting the axle back farther....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Depending on what You want to weld in automotive work You'll probably end up with both. I started with the fingertip control and for normal welding it is difficult to weld with. Son's welds (LightningStruck) improved tremendously after We got the foot pedal....but in out-of-position welds We still...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X