Collapse
25 results in 0.0161 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Rob
    replied to Failed O2 Cylinder
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all your ideas, and what neighbor wouldn't want the gift of a continuous melody from a "magnum windchime".

Rob
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    started a topic Failed O2 Cylinder

Failed O2 Cylinder

Anybody have an idea for a good use for a size K oxygen cylinder that failed hydro test? Had to send mine off for test a few weeks ago before it could be filled. It came back with no details other than that it failed the test.

Now I have either a major paper weight or another project....
    See more | Go to post

• Rob
    replied to Miller 330a/bp
    Keith,

The 330 a/bp is still a solid workhorse. Believe it or not, people actually welded well BEFORE squarewave machines too. According to my manual, mine weighs 830 lbs, is 20" wide, 30" deep and about 47" tall including the lift eye.

When I bought...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied to Mig welding chrome moly
    John,
    Finally had a chance to ask my brother-in-law about the aircraft manufacturer using the mig process of 4130. He said it is American Champion Aircraft, they took over building the Belanka Scout. I think this is a case where the FAA had to get out of the way unless they can prove a particular...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied to This truck any good (HAWK)
    iso50,

I'd only add that one good indicator of relative condition of the would be the amount of blow-by getting around the rings. A quick and easy ballpark indicator is to remove the oil filler cap while it's running. If you see/feel an easily perceptible amount vapor escaping the filler...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied to 320 A/BP Help
    Is that Andy quick or what?? I think his keyboard is more aerodynamic than mine. This could require a rule change!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied to 320 A/BP Help
    Hillbilly,

I think the 320 A/BP is very similar to my 330 A/BP, just that yours is duty rated at 200 amps and mine is 300.

Went through a similar thought process, that is, trying to drive a wirefeed with the A/BP. The issue is that the A/BP series is a constant current...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied to Aluminum Cylinder Head repair
    Daryl,

Keith Craft, one of the best small block Ford race engine builders in the country is just down the road from me. If he can't get you fixed up, it may not be possible.

He can be reached at 870-246-7460.

Rob
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied to Chop saw safety
    JT,

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. In the long run, it will be cheaper than an abrasive chop saw! And a lot less mess too!!

Rob
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    Blondie,

I'm with you on that, I've seen more marketing than quality out of DeWalt.

Rob
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    Anybody tried the new saws offered by DeWalt and others? A small metal supplier I sometimes use had one in use the last time I stopped by. It had a 12" carbide tipped blade, and cut mild steel tubing in about 1/3 the time of my abrasive chop saw. I found them on the Dewalt web site, with a suggested...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied to Dynasty 300 Operation
    Sparky,

Since you mentioned that your helmet works well with your conventional TIG machine, it certainly sounds like the helmet is flashing you while on the background portion of the pulse.

Adding more ambiant light might help, though you may need a more sensitive helmet...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied to 30A and WC-115 combo
    Andy,

Thanks, now I feel like I know enough to go see my dealer and order the right machine.

Rob
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    Just ran across info on the Millermatic Pulser, which seems to be tailored toward thin aluminum, but would still lean toward the MM251 and 30A if it is suitable for Al sheet down to .063". The 251/30A would seem to give me much more flexibility on the upper end for just about the same money as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    Thanks guys, that's exactly the help I needed. I could tell from individual product spec sheets that the combination would work, but needed to hear someone's advice on whether it would work well. Sounds like suitable for varying applications.

My 330 A/BP would be the power source. ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X