14 results in 0.0116 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• TJsparks
    started a topic Hastelloy C-276

Hastelloy C-276

I need to tig some hastelloy C-276 at work. We have a syncrowave 250. I have to weld a 4" pipe 1/8" wall to a 1" slip flange and a 3/8 blank on the other end.
    I'm good on stainless and ok on aluminum. From what I've read it welds kind of like a combination of both. I also need...
    See more | Go to post

• Can't build this one unless you own a foundry. They were going to take it to the scrap yard. Got it for free. TJ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TJsparks
    replied to Aluminum tig settings help
    I found a pack of zirconated 1/8", it really is holding a ball. My big problem is getting into corners. The pool is really hard to dirrect. I hate to say it but I had to get out the spool gun. This is a work project and had to get er done. I'll post some pic's later. TJ
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TJsparks
    Thought I had er down (on the nice open flat stringers) then I started on my project and it all went to he''. Doing a 1 1/2"X1/8 inside lap joint. When I got it hot enough to move my tungsten dripped off into the pool. Using 3/32 pure at 200a, almost full pedal to start, and then backin...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TJsparks
    Thanks Guys. Every litte bit helps. I'll keep on practicing. More heat,filler and move fast. What about the frequency switch? I don't have the manual for this machine. It's a 3 pos.toggle, center off, up is an upper sinewave with a small bar in front of it and down is a bold sinewave . TJ
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TJsparks
    Here's a pic of some stringers. It sure does move fast. I started a pool,backed up and dipped, Jab+stab. Can't see much behind the cup, kina hard to keep the pool width consistant. Top stringer was at 150A,bal 70%,1/8' 4043. Had to mash the pedal to get started. the rest I went to 200a and backed of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TJsparks
    Using a foot pedal and on remote. I'll give it a try and post some pics. Thanks, TJ
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TJsparks
    started a topic Aluminum tig settings help

Aluminum tig settings help

First time tiging aluminum. Using an older syncrowave 250. I have some pure (green) tungsten. Need to put some 1 1/2X1/8" angle together. What freq. setting should I use? 0-100%. Arc balance 0-10, creater time, and there's a 3 pos. high freq. switch. Any suggestions would greatly be appreatiated....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by TJsparks; 03-19-2007, 11:50 AM.

• TJsparks
    replied to Cold weather stick welding??
    Preheat

It never hurts to preheat. Use a propane torch and you'll see the moisture work it's way back. I've seen I-beams drip water when heated in winter. As for the rod, if the weld area is ground clean,use the 7018 on dc. TJ
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TJsparks
    replied to Mig weld pics
    Kevin + Dan, what are the advantages of the puhs and pause or circular methods over a straight bead? TJ
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sorry about the confusion. In you origanal post you asked for cord size for [email protected] 20 and 30. Looking at the manual specs. amperage at 460/3 phase on that machine is 6 amps. So yes you could use 14 gauge cord. I don't know if I'd go 400' with it. I'd go 14 to 100', 12 to 200' and 10 to 400'. Bigger is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The national electric code Table 400.5a says #10 for 25A, #8 for 35A, col. A for 3 current carrying conductors in flexable cords (most likely type SO). As for cord caps and recepticals any electrical warehouse or Graingers. They have to be matched to the voltage and ampeage being used. TJ
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TJsparks
    replied to Cast Iron Repair
    I think you guys nailed it. Cast steel. Did a spark test and sparks just like steel. What about tig on cast steel? TJ
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TJsparks
    started a topic Cast Iron Repair

Cast Iron Repair

Hey guys. I've been reading for awhile,first time thread.
    Need to repair an equipment roller made of cast iron. Any suggestions?
    I have some hobart 99 but I read somewhere else it should only be used as a single pass. Use 99 for the root and Hobart 55 for the cover passes. Also should...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X