Collapse
27 results in 0.0141 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• teknition
    replied to Next Miller helmet perhaps?
    I've had numerous helmets over the years and have never had a problem with the ratchet. Yes I'm pushing the knob in when I adjust the ratchet. Seeing as there is much more than one complaint about the headgear in the helmet I would assume there is a problem in the design or material in the headgear....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• teknition
    My helmet has been like that since I bought it. I figured it was designed that way , sort of like a torque limiting thing. It was a display helmet though so maybe it got abused a bit before I got it. I guess I can try the LWS and see what they say. How long are Miller helmets guaranteed for?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• teknition
    I bought a BWE when I bought my MM350P and Dynasty 200DX less than a year ago. I like the helmet except for the fact that the headband doesn't tighten properly. The adjuster skips right where I need one extra click to make it fit properly. Very irritating at times.

Tek
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for the link burninbriar, I've never seen the inside of a Harley gearcase and I'm always looking to learn something new. I was referring to gears in general, not necessarily harley transmissions. In applications where the engineers wish to couple and uncouple 2 gears by sliding one of the gears...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• teknition
    replied to Thanks Andy and Miller
    THANK YOUMiller and Andy. I got my shirt in the mail today. The shirt matches my shiny new Millermatic 350P and Dynasty 200DX perfectly

Awsome shirt and awesome welding equipment, what more could a guy want... well..besides a cold beer and a hot woman

T...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'm not an expert and I have no Thermal arc experience but you should be able to get 50MM dinse connectors from a local welding supply and put them on the torch and ground leads at the machine. When you buya Miller tig machine the dinse connectors were included with it so when you decide what torch...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Just so you know, a helical cut gear is stronger as well as quieter than a straight cut gear due to more contact area on the tooth surface of the helical cut gear. The only real disadvantages to helical cut gears are that they produce side thrust and must be in constant mesh with its mating gear. Straight...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• And youll need them to catch the Honda's ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• iforgeiron.com is another good blacksmithing site. There are more around....just google "blacksmith forum"
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• teknition
    replied to Thanks Miller
    Thanks to Miller and all who help make this forum what it is

I knew Miller was a class act. Thats why they got my business when it came to buying all my welding gear, right down to my Miller Elite helmet.

I will wear my new shirt with pride
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• teknition
    replied to Welder needs a good home
    Hi Steve

Thats very nice of you to offer up your welder to help someone getting into welding. I'm sure some young lad will be along shortly to lay claim to it, in fact I'm really surprised it's not gone yet.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• teknition
    replied to welding aluminum beer cans
    Thanks for the reply HMW.
    Yes, i was refering to the tig filler rod. It is quite possible I didn't have enough heat in the puddle as I was using the lowest setting on the 200DX.
    I will have to try it again with a bit more amperage and some smaller rod. I was using 3/32 filler because that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• teknition
    replied to welding aluminum beer cans
    Thanks for the link Mac , I'm sure it will come in handy and I will have a look at it tonight.

Thanks for the post Dan
    I'm not really trying to weld any aluminum for a specific purpose other than tig practice. I can't promise I won't sample the contents while practicing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• teknition
    replied to All Terrain Welding Cart
    Su ba RU
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• teknition
    started a topic welding aluminum beer cans

welding aluminum beer cans

I recently purchased a Miller Dynasty 200DX and want to practice welding thin aluminum.

I figured welding beer cans would be good practice and the materials are cheap.

The problem I'm having is that there are so many settings on the 200DX that I'm not sure where to...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by teknition; 08-30-2006, 08:55 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Working...
X