5 results in 0.0054 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• HILRUNR
    replied to Storing stick electrodes
    Re:Storing Electrodes

I use the Army surplus mortar shell tubes. They hold about 10# of rods and have an o-ring seal under the cap to keep out moisture. Most surplus stores have them. I have also used the old refrigerator with a 100 watt lamp inside.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HILRUNR
    replied to Welding a Loader Bucket
    Re:Welding a loader bucket

I would go with the patch on the back and then weld the crack. The important thing is to vee the crack out and get a solid weld penetrating into the patch and coming all the way out. The patch will help reinforce the area since it is obviously taking a lot of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HILRUNR
    replied to Learning to TIG in Chicago ??
    Learning to Tig

To answer bfloyd4445's question. Start with steel. If you want to try aluminum you might want to step up to 1/4" plate and remember; as heat builds in the piece your travel speed will have to increase, unless you've got a foot pedal and can reduce amperage.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HILRUNR
    replied to Learning to TIG in Chicago ??
    Learning to Tig

I don't know if they have them in the Chicago area, but our high schools in Tennessee have continuing education courses at night for around $75. The local community college also allows you to audit classes for less than full price. There's no way to give enough tips in...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• HILRUNR
    replied to All Terrain Welding Cart
    All terrain welding cart

I used a junked riding mower to build a cart for my Lincoln Weld-n-power 220. I pull it around with a 4-wheeler. Just attach a handle to the steering linkages and strip the frame.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X