Collapse
21 results in 0.0068 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• JTMD
    replied to I'm a dope.
    I did that for years when I lived in the city but now live in the high-desert directly adjacent to a national park - my area has strictly enforced noise and light pollution regs after dark. My compressor is in a closet behind the shop, and is a couple hundred feet from the house. 8 HP/80 gallon tank...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JTMD
    replied to I'm a dope.
    ya know, the weird thing is, the welds I did before I realized I didn't have the (correct) gas on are ugly but have great penetration. They're fine for what I'm building so, I just put a coat of paint on them and called it OK.
    I once forgot to close my flight plan and caught **** from the FAA...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JTMD
    replied to I'm a dope.
    heh.. i didn't forget to turn it on.. I just turned on the wrong one ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JTMD
    started a topic I'm a dope.

I'm a dope.

i have a multi 220 on a cart with both Argon and Migmix bottles mounted. - only had it for a few months but have been using it quite a bit - it's been flawless..
    Yesterday I startup MIG welding and the welds looked like crap. No gas flow. Spent a fair amount of time searching for the reason and...
    See more | Go to post

• JTMD
    replied to DC vs AC TIG
    Having grown up in my grandfather's non-ferrous foundry, I tig welded 3XX, 6XX and 7XX cast alloys frequently using a Miller HF-P, also, Manganese Bronze, and red brass too. In fact, the very first time I welded anything was a Manganese bronze capstan wheel for an ocean-going tug. I never met a cast...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JTMD
    replied to Should TIG arc continue...
    I've had this happen both on my 220 (awesome machine huh?), and on my older DialArc. on the 220 it was a stick that got under the pedal, on the older machine the switch in the pedal was failing (totally different pedal design)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JTMD
    replied to Balling on a budget
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3005284280019/
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JTMD
    replied to Delay of welding machines?
    I ordered a 220 from Cyber*eld after assuring they had stock... took them a week just to ship it and I'm just short hop away from their west warehouse! After I placed that order, I ordered a Hypertherm Plasma Cutter from a midwest seller.. it arrived 3 days later, BEFORE the 220!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JTMD
    replied to Upgraded!!

My LS's Yanmar engine is officially rated at 24.5 HP, I presume so it can avoid all the exhaust fubar. Either that or the engineers really dialed in the pump and cylinder specs because it works like it's got a lot more horsepower. and no DEP or regen or cats.. not even a computer.. just...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by JTMD; 10-14-2021, 11:27 AM. Reason: fat fingers

Leave a comment:

• JTMD
    replied to Upgraded!!
    New welder arrived and I got a chance to set it up today and try it out.. fantastic! I could never get a satisfactory weld on my Lincoln mig machine but this Multi 220 was laying pro-looking beads from the start. Tig is super easy too. Love it....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• This is what got me to start thinking about storing my stuff in dryer conditions.......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ya. as one who regularly repairs WWII aircraft parts, rivet it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Who else keeps their Sticks in the refrigerator?

When I was a kid, my grandfather used to have an old defunct Kelvinator that he stored all his electrodes in, with a light bulb burning 24/7. He thought it told me it kept them dry and just like a good grandson, I believed him. Years later and armed with college degrees, I instrumented-up that old...
    See more | Go to post

• JTMD
    replied to Upgraded!!
    New rig is supposed to arrive today although watching it's tracking makes me wonder. I know I'll probably never deal with this vendor again.. a week after ordering (and having the money transferred) and they still had not even shipped it until I called them and threatened to cancel.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JTMD
    replied to Upgraded!!
    Here's my old Dialarc for sale:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...3005284280019/

*** UPD
    ATE *** sold! new home is Mexicali, Mexico...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by JTMD; 01-14-2022, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X