Collapse
15 results in 0.0141 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• elkvis
    replied to TIG Hose Fitting Replacement
    As a hobbyist, whose equipment rarely makes me money, I'm reluctant to simply throw something away, when it could be fixed, if only parts were available.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• elkvis
    replied to TIG Hose Fitting Replacement
    It's not a water-cooled torch. It's a 17. The fitting I need would screw into a 9 or 17 torch or the appropriate adapter, and would carry electric current as well as shielding gas.

See photo for reference....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• elkvis
    started a topic TIG Hose Fitting Replacement

TIG Hose Fitting Replacement

I have a CK superflex hose/power cable for a 9/17 torch, and one of the fittings broke the first time I tried to screw it into my dinse adapter. CK warrantied the whole kit - torch, hose, and adapter - and the broken one currently works in its broken state. It is tight enough not to leak. I simply...
    See more | Go to post

• Was the filler touching anything other than the work and your glove?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• elkvis
    replied to Aluminium tig problems
    This is definitely a possibility. When you light up with the machine set to AC, does the arc buzz? Or does it just have the low hiss of DC? DCEN on aluminum will melt the metal below the oxide layer, and you won't see a puddle, until the metal completely melts away, and you'll get that crater. Arc...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for the reply, but I don't think any of that applies to my situation. The fine current control works in all ranges. The foot pedal works in both low and mid range, and the high frequency start works reliably at all settings....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Miller 320A/BP No Remote Control in High Range

I have a 1960 Miller 320A/BP. I've had it for about 3 years, and it generally works pretty well, except a couple of issues that I've noticed recently, when running GTAW.

1. The foot pedal seems to have no effect on output current in the high current range. It seems to only be on/off....
    See more | Go to post

• I'm hoping that wiring it for my line voltage will help to solve some problems I've been having. It's been tripping the circuit breaker 1 out of every 5 to 1 out of every 10 times I power it on in stick mode or hit the pedal in TIG mode. Hoping this will resolve that issue.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I guess I was wrong. I've been referring to the printed manual I have (from 1985, when my welder was made in 1960), which didn't have the wiring diagram. I grabbed the oldest manual from the Miller website, and it has the diagram, and I confirmed that my machine is indeed wired for 208.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Unfortunately, the manual itself doesn't have the wiring diagram, and instead directs the reader to the label inside the back panel, shown above. I've searched all over the web for pictures of the wiring diagram, but haven't been able to find any. I was hoping that someone here has one of these old...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• elkvis
    started a topic Miller 320A/BP Line Voltage Question

Miller 320A/BP Line Voltage Question

I bought my 320 from a gentleman who was using it in a machine shop, where he probably had it wired for 208V, given that he probably had his shop wired for 3-phase power, and I am now running it on 240V single-phase. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to confirm what voltage my machine is wired...
    See more | Go to post

• The people in that other thread seem to be talking about using the Miller's battery to jump start another vehicle, or for the welding machine to receive jump starting assistance. I'm talking about using the welding leads in CV mode, at around 14 volts, connected to the target vehicle.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• elkvis
    started a topic Miller Trailblazer 251 Start Assist

Miller Trailblazer 251 Start Assist

I have a 1997 Trailblazer 251, which, as I'm sure most of you know, has CV mode for wire feed. My question is can I use my machine in CV mode to charge and/or jump-start a car? I saw that the newer machines are able to do that. It'd take some care to not over-volt the target vehicle, but I can't think...
    See more | Go to post

• elkvis
    replied to Trailblazer 251
    I'm sure I could make something, but space is limited inside the cover of the machine, and if there was already something available on the market, I'd rather just spend the money, if it wasn't ridiculous.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• elkvis
    started a topic Trailblazer 251

Trailblazer 251

I recently acquired a 1997 Trailblazer 251 with only 880 hours, and it came with 100-foot leads, a TIG torch w/torch-mounted current control, and a Thermal Arc Porta-Feed 17a wire feeder. I had to replace the stick electrode holder and the LC-10 plug that was on the work clamp, but otherwise, this...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X