Collapse
7 results in 0.0053 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Hdws51
    replied to Flux core newbie
    No, no trailer, for right now I just want to learn and do small and light projects when I become proficient then I will move on to better equipment. Thanks....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Hdws51; 01-27-2017, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hdws51
    Yes the only dollar outlay was for the rectifier ($8) $90 for the welder . You see I was a two way radio tech in my first career. I've watched several you tube videos before I bought the thing. I want to get into welding but didn't want to spend the big bucks and find out I didn't have the nack for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hdws51
    One more quick question, is the Harbor freight welding wire really as lousy as everyone says? If so I'll just pick up a better brand....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hdws51
    I'm ready and rareing to go. Will let you all know how it goes. Thanks again for all your help!! Much appreciated!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hdws51
    HF 90 amp. Which I converted to a DCEN unit.
    also a relay took care of the hot torch issue....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Hdws51; 01-27-2017, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hdws51
    Thanks gents, yes I bought a cheap entry-level one. Why blow up a good one not knowing what I'm doing. Now once I can do good welds, on to the better machine!! Again, thanks much for your help!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hdws51
    started a topic Flux core newbie

Flux core newbie

Hello all, I'm new to welding. Just bought a flux core welder. When welding, does the wire actually touch the joint or do you need to just have an arc? Also how do you strike the arc? Thanks in advance!
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X