No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
14 results in 0.0056 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Back on topic of this thread. I'm a relative novice but I set mine to 3/16 using .030 wire and think it was like 19.6 / 4xx. It blew a hole immediately through what I was welding. I'm welding a frame with a 3/16 and probably 14 gauge but still. I had to turn off auto and go to 16.8 ish and 163 if...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Most of my heat you see is going into the new 3/16 piece I added to try and get the curve of the frame. Around the edges where this piece joins the frame, I don't have that much welding heat....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I cut out the bad sections of the frame and putting a new 3/16 piece in the "holes". I'm doing it free hand and trying to keep the new metal flush with the frame metal and I was having problems with gaps between the two. Especially the top where the frame is a little thinner than the 3/16...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by steelwarhorses; 12-29-2016, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Some pix....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks everyone. I'm posting this to refer to later and hopefully help others.

I've been delayed on this but I got a Multimatic 215 yesterday. A friend told me .035 wire may be too thick and to try .023. So I got the 215 to setup with .023 and set my 250x at .030.

Anyway,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• steelwarhorses
    replied to Welder setup question
    He wasn't there and hence mentioning it why I liked it.

I read an article by Miller last week and it seems like they get what I'm asking. It talks about how they know they are going to have to utilize technology to make it "easier" to get into welding.

I write software...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• steelwarhorses
    That's one of the main points, I'm trying to find a machine that works the way I work. Not literally, but I was reading a post by Miller where they feel welders have to be made more and more user friendly.

Having said, that if you have a 350P, how would you compare it to the 250x? Would...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for the tips. I cut a little more out and had to go back and forth on wire speed and temp and pushing definitely helped. I cut the sections out free hand with my plasma and the replacement pieces free hand so I had some gaps. I found a setting where I penetrated the thin and a little of the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• steelwarhorses
    Thanks Ed, I'll get one person tell me that or I'll read online that a weakness is what I seem to be experiencing. But then I'll get somebody else tell me these are a lot better than the new 252's and I should hold on to it. I'm not bashing either one because in the right hands I have no doubt any...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I didn't take it that way. I always get in a quandary because if I put all that kind of info in to start, then it's too long or comes across wrong.

Anyway, looking tonight I should have started this up an 1" higher as the metal feels about the right thickness there. I'm going to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you, exactly what I'm looking for.

I've had this vehicle for a while and noticed some small holes in the frame in once section of the frame.

What happened is mud has gotten into it and over is 26 years, this is the low spot on the frame and settled here. Right now,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'm just looking for welding tips. The integrity as it is in the location, I'm welding, the truck is 6,000 lbs and I put the lift pad on it (2 post) and lifted the truck up under where I ended up cutting without any issue. (Jack stands all around in other structural places so I don't hear about that....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• steelwarhorses
    started a topic Welder setup question

Welder setup question

I've been researching this for about 3 weeks. I've visited local welding supplies and all I got was individuals thumbing through catalogs reading the same descriptions I've read multiple times. I've called Miller and spoke to somebody there and the person was knowledgeable but I think I have too many...
    See more | Go to post

• Welding a section into a truck frame

The truck frame had some rust holes in it so I cut sections out on both sides, I cut out a piece to fit in the rectangle I cut out. I'm new to welding and I'm doing this with my Millermatic 250x. First the frame rail is thin as it is. The material I'm welding it in is approx .1875 The problem is...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X