No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
11 results in 0.0046 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Get the serial number so you have the right schematic, then read across the switch for continuity in start and continuous, make sure there's nothing coming through when it's in the off position. If that checks out, do the same thing reading from before the switch to after the potentiometer. If that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• t700Mech
    replied to AEAD-200LE engine sputter
    My tractor does that sometimes, change the fuel filter if it has one, if it doesn't, take the fuel feed line off at the carburetor and blow air into it, go easy if it's shop air, no more than 5-10 psi. Sometimes crap gets built up in the fuel tank outlet and blowing a little air up there clears it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That is quite a challenge, and I see what you mean about the heat range with the foot pedal,I thought the foot pedal controlled 50% of the range, so if you turned your dial back you could use the lower end of whatever range you're in, I have to read some more I guess....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I don't think it will, the three position range lever on the dialarc looks like it changes the way the power routes through the transformer, the syncrowave is configured differently. On mine there seems to be enough overlap in the ranges, but there's a reason dialarc go for $500 and the syncrowaves...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• t700Mech
    replied to Syncrowave 300 problems
    By the schematic in the manual it looks like pins a and b in the foot switch control remote starting, check the pins on your plug and the machine to see if there's any damage, there should be a limit switch in your foot pedal that would control the arc start, make sure it clicks when you depress the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• t700Mech
    replied to Another dialarc hf question
    Well I think I figured it out, I put everything back together and gave it an operational check, I did see a variation in the arc, thinking I had it beat I cranked it back up to the high range and 20% on the dial, and the variation disappeared. I had glossed over the manual for the foot switch but was...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• t700Mech
    I checked continuity from the rheostat connections to their corresponding blades on the plug, all had continuity and the proper amount of resistance, and it varied the proper amount with pedal deflection. Unless I missed something I'm assuming it good. I removed the local/ remote switch and cleaned...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• t700Mech
    I checked resistance between 36 and 37, it went from .005 with the pedal up to 0 with the pedal down. It varies, but not the same readings as the pedal side of the plug has. I did not read 36 to 38 due to poor lighting. Incidentally right next to the switches there's a bank with CR1,2, and three...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• t700Mech
    Thanks Aeronca, the serial number is HK 276966. Its a good welder other than that. So hopefully it's just the switch or something that got knocked loose getting it over here. I'll post back after further investigation.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• t700Mech
    Sorry for the triple post, first day with my new forum. Please delete the two others, I don't want to take up on much space.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• t700Mech
    started a topic Another dialarc hf question

Another dialarc hf question

Greetings everyone, I'm here asking for some help with a dialarc hf, about 1980 manufacture, it's an HK serial number but I forget the rest. The welder tig welds fine in all three ranges, the foot switch stops and starts everything like its supposed to but won't vary the amperage. I traced out the wires...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X