Collapse
9 results in 0.0086 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• SFjames
    replied to Millermatic 200 vs 211 ?
    I ended up with a Miller 211. What happened was my welder had a man working for him that was heading out of California. His wife had purchased the Miler 211 for him about 3 years ago. They were splitting up and so he was selling it and my welder gave me a call knowing I was looking.

The...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SFjames
    replied to Starting out...
    Hi all and thanks for the information. I got a cart to put the unit on and a replacement 110V plug as the one on the machine had an issue. I need to get some pliers for the wire and a hood.

Can someone recommend a good hood for someone like me? Thanks, James
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SFjames
    started a topic Starting out...

Starting out...

Ok, So I am in my 60's and retired. I welded in high school all those years ago. My friend and welder of decades died a few years ago, he was a great guy. He was the "fix it" welder for a 75 year old welding shop here in San Francisco. Every POS that came through the door he had to figure...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by SFjames; 10-24-2021, 01:44 PM.

• SFjames
    QUOTE=Aeronca41;n571835]Paying a bit more once is generally cheaper than paying twice because you went in the cheap. Sounds to me like you have a good plan. I'm interested-did any of the A&Ps you talked to have anything to say about mig for airplanes?[/QUOTE]

They basically said use...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SFjames
    I stopped in at a local Airgas yesterday and looked over the syncwave 210. The touch pad and the rotary dials felt a little light weight. The front castors are junk but look like they can be replaced with some that have bearing axles and locks so it does not roll around in my garage here in SF. (All...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SFjames
    The Syncrowave 210 looks very interesting in that I can use here in SF on the 110V some small items and car related stuff, but, then I start to shift fill time to the house in the country in a few years I will have the 220V set up and I can just move the machine back and forth from time to time....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SFjames
    Ok, So what I am hearing from the assembled comments is the following:

For simple around the house and old car stuff get a Multi Process 200 or 215 but without the TIG or Spool gun. Then get a good AC-DC TIG Machine (which one?), and then get a very good set of OA tools...

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SFjames
    Hi Guys, I missed typed. I have so much stuff on my desk I printed out I just put in the wrong names/number in my original post.

I was referring to the multi-process machines. The 200 and the 215. https://www.millerwelds.com/equipmen...s/multiprocess

Since the only...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SFjames
    started a topic Millermatic 200 vs 211 ?

Millermatic 200 vs 211 ?

Hello all,

I have not done any welding myself since High School and early College. I have spent a lot of time preparing items and assisting for an Journeyman welder to weld on my classic cars, hot rods, and other items. All my own stuff.

We am building a new garage next spring...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X