No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
78 results in 0.0132 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Yes, but also respect the stuff that will hurt you over the long term.

The jokes about artillery soldiers and hearing damage are true. In 1990 I joined the army, and my ears have been ringing non-stop since the howitzer fired the first time. 26 years of lying in bed every night trying to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Do you know if the other products that company makes also work as advertised?

Looks like they would be useful for ornamental projects, when epoxy or TIG is not suitable. Especially the ability to join dissimilar metals.

Thank you....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Many DOT have switched from salt to calcium chloride or other liquid brine materials. There was a problem with aluminum fuel tanks and trailer frames on transport trucks corroding very quickly because of the new chemicals. Worse than rust on steel. The solution was expensive protective coatings that...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Stefen7; 10-26-2016, 10:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stefen7
    replied to How to weld aluminum?
    Yup, but the last one did turn into an informative thread on bending aluminum.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thank you Aeronca41 and H80N for the information.

The fact that electrical fires happen was the reason to ask for the correct size breaker to supply a welder at less than max amps, so we can give good advice in the future. When the O-P asked if he could run a Dialarc H-F off a dryer outlet,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• When I build my garage next year, I will wire it for full output, following the O-M.

But the other poster with the Dialarc H-F, wanted to wire it properly, for less than full output (250 amps on 310 amp welder). Ryan and I could only quote the breaker and wire info in the O-M, but that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I don't have Sync 250 manual in front of me, but it should be similar to the 250 Dialarc H-F.

That requires 150 amp / 230 volt breaker and #3 wire.

It all depends on how much you are going to crank it up, which is the reason for my question posted above....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Is there a formula, or is that an approximation based on experience? It seems to be a common question for people who are, temporarily or permanently, running their welder on a smaller service than required by the manual.

Some people have a limited input, and just increase welding amps...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stefen7
    replied to ‘Delaminated’ Transformer
    Cruizer, thank you for the tip. I used the really thick black cable ties, and they worked reasonably well. But it was impossible to get them really tight around the four 90* corners of the posts.

I looked for flexible stainless steel cable ties, but they were only available in packs of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stefen7
    replied to ‘Delaminated’ Transformer
    Aeronca41, I saw the post asking about progress, but I’ve been swamped (almost literally). Winter will be here soon, and hurricanes are here NOW. My house is OK, but I’ve been helping others who were not so fortunate.

I did post a note awhile ago on Ryan’s ‘Helga’ thread. But...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Miller does have the manuals in the archive and can email you a copy.

Just clarifying whether it is the 1960's "M-250" or early 1970's "Two-Fifty".
    The "250" is 41 inches long, has 2 levers on the front and 2 cable outlets.
    The "Two-Fifty"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• No one else has answered, so I'll post the advice I usually give. But this may only work for the 'American' market units, since Euro market welders run on different power. Hope you find something.

If your welder is newer than the early 1970's, it will be in the Miller online download...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10/3 is too small for an extension cord.

In low-range, your welder will have 100% duty cycle. But you should not run a welder on a 10/3 extension cord at high duty cycle.

Plenty of people (including myself) have small stick welders on 10/3 extension cords, but they are used...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• From the photo, it looks like a Dialarc H-F unit. The O-M I have in front of me says it draws 90 amps at rated load but needs a 150 amp fuse.

The welder has 3 ranges: 10 to 55; 40 to 190; 125 to 310 amps. If you are simply practicing while waiting to get your wiring upgraded, you might...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stefen7
    replied to New (to me) Airco 3A
    Aeronca41,

Why I use a trickle-charger:
    As you noted, on big trucks with 3 huge batteries, that is a LOT of amps available to ruin your day, in many different ways. Even on cars, it can help prevent voltage spikes that can destroy sensitive electrical components. But it does have...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Stefen7; 09-15-2016, 10:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X