Collapse
10 results in 0.0073 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• #sWelder
    replied to Career Change Question
    Awesome Steve- they say it's never too late to try something new. I hope all goes well come August!

As far as my transition...

It is going really well. If you are willing to put the hoodtime in, you can/will progress much quicker than your classmates (barring those with previous...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• #sWelder
    started a topic Beginner beads on flat plate- 7018

Beginner beads on flat plate- 7018

How do you guys think I'm doing?

Thanks!...
    See more | Go to post

• #sWelder
    Hey guys, girls-

Well... not very far into the course, but I have decided that joining this class has been one of the best decisions I could have made. I love it, absolutely. The course is centered around SMAW, cutting processes, and the actual labor behind welding--- believe it or not,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• #sWelder
    Hey guys-

Just posting an update...

I've started my continuing education class, and can only say that it has been a great decision. Even if I chose not to make this a career, it has already been an eye-opening experience in many ways. The class is focusing on SMAW- plate at...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• #sWelder
    I understand, 100%. Even though I'm not 40, I have thought of this in that light... and do think that it is my "passion" to work with my hands in some capacity. Welding comes as a natural choice for me.

To shed some light on where I'm coming from, I graduated HS at 16, enrolled...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• #sWelder
    replied to Dream job.
    Awesome brother- I can't wait to say the same thing.

Enjoy the gig.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• #sWelder
    Hey guys, girls-

I just want to put a post in hear for anyone reading this thread as a lurker, or anybody reading this thread in the future... I have a 4-year degree in accounting, and have spent several years in a nice position, air-conditioned room, good pay, and my office is in walking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• #sWelder
    Again, great advice- and if that happens... expect an obnoxious amount of photos. Lol.

Not sure I should tack onto this thread, but what is the availability like on those overseas jobs? I've heard talk of them my entire life, but have only met 1 individual actually engaged in them....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• #sWelder
    H80N, Buffumjr-

Thank you guys for your thoughts. I am definitely looking forward to the class now- it is geared towards AWS certification standards, and supposedly focuses on helping the student achieve 1/2 certs (not sure which though).

I will also start working on the physical...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• #sWelder
    started a topic Career Change Question

Career Change Question

Hello everyone-

Since this is my first post, I will try to give everyone a brief synopsis of who I am and my background... My Dad was a craftsman/tradesman his entire life. Throughout various parts in his life he built houses, was a licensed plumber, and somehow ended up as a pipefitter/welder....
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X