No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
170 results in 0.0310 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• OK OK. So I got it wrong. I've never attached a voltmeter to the 210, just welded with it. But thank you for the info. Never knew those things, just tinkered with the settings.

The only gripe I have about the 210 is the size. I'm not a pro welder. I'm a machinist hobbyist, who occasionally...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Yes. The lowest voltage, and 22 fpm. The chart recommended was 20, but it wouldn't bite into the donor metal. Just that small change to 22 did it....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• buffumjr
    started a topic WOW! Thrilled! Miller 210 Rocks!

WOW! Thrilled! Miller 210 Rocks!

For the first tie since learning welding, I just welded my first sheet metal. Not just any sheet metal, but gnarly, rust compromised 22 ga. sheet metal! My brother in law is trying to build a VW based trike. He is using for a core a 1962 Beetle. Crumbly paint. Surface rust. Deep rust. Wow. We've...
    See more | Go to post

• buffumjr
    started a topic A Tip for my Fellow Beginners

A Tip for my Fellow Beginners

I'm just starting to learn stick. Here are some clues.

-Watch lots of Youtube videos.
    -Have a welding helmet that allows you to see the puddle all through the weld. If you can't see the puddle, you can't control the weld.
    -DON'T WEAR THIN GLOVES! Wear thick. Fewer blisters....
    See more | Go to post

• buffumjr
    replied to OTC Turbo Pulse 500 DF
    Tried the link, again. This time, no scare windows. (big shoulder shrug) Dunno. As I said, gone, now.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• buffumjr
    Maybe. Or maybe it was a sales scare bot from Microsoft. Who knows? Gone now.

From what I am seeing, pulse is for very thin metal. I work with stuff 14 ga and thicker, up to 3/8 (2mm to 9mm for the fans of metric.). I don't do car skin. Maybe pulse is not for the stuff I do....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• buffumjr
    Whew! MeltedMetal. I clicked your link, and it was virus window city. Reminds me of a website in 2001 called Dogpile. You bring up their home page, and it's endless windows. The only way to get control was to power off the computer. Worked here, too.

Heard from Miller Tech Support...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• buffumjr
    started a topic OTC Turbo Pulse 500 DF

OTC Turbo Pulse 500 DF

Can be seen on on Ebay, item 324336489854 .

Has anyone had any experience with anything like this? It's supposed to work with a MIG welder. I have a 2002 (?) Millermatic 210. Would it work with this?
    See more | Go to post

• buffumjr
    replied to Which MIG Wire for my Project?
    Yes! Anyone who has ever hand hacksawn 1-1/2" O-1 tool steel learns fast to appreciate a powered saw....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• buffumjr
    The Adjust-A-Roll is the non-powered end. Should be no problem to build the powered end. Car window regulator motor. 120VAC to 12VDC converter, PWM and a foot control, a couple of 1/4" aluminum plates, a couple of 4" or 6" rollers, and some belts and pulleys. A day or so of work. A good...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by buffumjr; 08-30-2021, 05:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• buffumjr
    As stated earlier, the smaller cylinders will raise the arms. I'm just going to use one, shorter cylinder for tilting the bucket. I'm not "on production", so there's no foreman tapping his toe, angry I don't go faster. Should do just fine. If it doesn't, that's what they make tools for....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• buffumjr
    I happen to have a Miller Econotig, that actually works. 7018? Yep. Lots in stock. I'm guessing that the cylinder wall is about 3/4" thick. The bucket shafts are 1-1/4" and the bigger shaft is 1-1/2". Would have been heavy overkill for the L175, but cut down, should only be a little...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• buffumjr
    started a topic Which MIG Wire for my Project?

Which MIG Wire for my Project?

I'm adapting a Ford 703 front end loader to my Kubota L175 tractor. Lots of adapting and downsizing. Bucket is well along, and under frame is started. No problems, so far.

Soon, I must adapt the hydraulic pistons to this new application. Thanks to the Youtube channel "Cutting Edge...
    See more | Go to post

• buffumjr
    replied to AEAD-200 LE Questions
    Ja440003
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• buffumjr
    replied to AEAD-200 LE Questions
    Applied 12VDC to the throttle control solenoid. It responded. Will trace back to the Idle Control Board, and validate the Automatic Idle switch.. Hey! Gotta start somewhere.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X