Collapse
7 results in 0.0096 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• mh434
    replied to Spoolgun questions
    Well, I got a new bottle of argon (more or less full this time - the one I originally bought was below 500 psi when they gave it to me), and tried again. I turned up the power a fair bit (okay, a LOT!), and got the first weld in the pic (left bead) - ridiculously ugly, not even a bead, really, more...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mh434
    replied to Newbie, with question...
    Nope - Canada (west coast)...prices have more than doubled in the past few years!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mh434
    replied to Spoolgun questions
    Yep, pure argon (well, that's what it says on the bottle...). I did try to purge all the 75/25 from the hose & welder, but it's possible there was still some in the system (it's hard to tell where the 75/25 ends and the Ar begins!). I will try doing some more purging, dial back on the gas flow,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mh434
    started a topic Spoolgun questions

Spoolgun questions

Hi, again! The newb, again, with yet more questions.

I just tried out my new Spoolmate 100 on my Miller 190 (on 230V, as it's not dual-voltage), and had some odd results. I was using a piece of T-6061 3/16" plate as a test piece. I used Xylene as a cleaner (gotta get some acetone),...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by mh434; 01-14-2016, 04:47 PM.

• mh434
    Excellent suggestion! Thanks, folks!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mh434
    Hmmm - I hadn't thought about the diaphragm issue. Maybe a non-return valve in each line...guess maybe I'm over-thinking it!

Thanks for the info on the stainless/75/25 welding! There's nothing to stop me dabbing a little clear on over the weld to try to reduce corrosion once it's cold,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mh434
    started a topic Newbie, with question...

Newbie, with question...

Hi, folks, I'm glad to be here!

Quick couple of questions -

a) I've recently moved up to a Miller 190 & Spoolmate 100. I plan on doing some aluminum welding, so have acquired a small bottle of argon for the latter, in addition to the large bottle of 75/25 Ar/CO2 for steel...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X