Collapse
59 results in 0.0244 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• mongobird
    replied to Pitted rust in loader bucket
    Body filler will crack out as it is hard. There is a mastic, which is paintable, which is used for sealing seams.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I had a similar problem with a well circuit. The well was a 3 phase pump, and a single phase 240 inverter to create the 3 phase, variable voltage, variable frequency power for the pump. It would run for a while and kick out.

The panel box is a Murry equivalent.

I ended up...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mongobird
    replied to X-Mark Mower Deck Repair
    Don, a nice job on what is actually a complex repair. Breaks like that tend to happen when the ExMark's (and others) go curb hopping.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Don52, THANK YOU so much for posting all the pictures. I am studying, as I have a rotted 3 pt hitch deck which is in my project queue for summer.

Thanks also for the bending tip with the HF press. I will have to look into that. I have a 12 ton from when HF first opened up, and I need...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mongobird
    So here is where my current thinking is. First, I would like to reduce the water that gets inside the bucket structure. If I seal up the backside of the bucket, that will help. I can do it with metal, or I could use some kind of body sealer. I think metal makes sense. I would also like to seal...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mongobird
    replied to generator field flash
    Flashing a genset is nice. An old geezer showed me how to parallel two gensets for more power. It essentially amounted to putting a suitable voltage bulb between the gensets, and with a light load on one, waiting for the differential voltage between the gensets to null put, and then throwing a breaker...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mongobird
    [email protected] thanks for your thoughts. The cutting edge weld is actually cracked across the front of the bucket. I was planning on power washing out the dirt, grinding out the weld and redoing it. The good news is that I don't have a lot of digging projects right now.

The two skid plates are...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sidetracked with crisis. Back again, and all posted read and noted. It sounds pretty stupid, but after looking at things again, there are two out of 7 holes elongated. The supplied pin is smaller than the supplied holes. I am thinking of starting with a pin which is real snug on the original holes,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mongobird
    Here's a view of the one side of the loader bucket. Whiel looking at it tonight, it occurred to me that if I were to seal up the "stitches in the bucket (the absence of which you see some water leaking from, then I might reduce some of the rust. In this case the water that you see came in through...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by mongobird; 06-06-2019, 08:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mongobird
    replied to Old Ford disc repair
    My younger brother has a plasma cutter, and I was considering having him cut the hole, with me providing a template.

The drill bit solution is what I used for tractor rims, but they are expensive.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mongobird
    I could be confused. I will have to look at the packaging. But it is GMAW fluxless wire, and I use it for sheet metal repairs, normally with an argon CO2 mix. For the rusty bucket I would use straight CO2.

EDIT: Checked receipt...ER70S-6 wire. Sorry, it has been a while since I have had...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by mongobird; 06-04-2019, 10:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mongobird
    replied to Old Ford disc repair
    Still figuring how how to put a hole for the hitch pin into 3/8" angle iron. No big bits in my bin.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mongobird
    7018 0.030 or possibly 0.023 if I need to go smaller to fill the pits.

I am motivated to repair it because even though buckets aren't horribly expensive, I don't think I can afford one.

Also, where the stitching is, I have considered upping the coverage. It is 50% now, and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mongobird
    started a topic Old Ford disc repair

Old Ford disc repair

I have a 1950's Ford disc that I use for yard and garden work. It's heavy enough to do pretty much what I want it to. However it broke last year with disastrous results. The angle bracket which held the three point pin cracked and failed, and the disc swung so that the discs shredded the calcium...
    See more | Go to post

• mongobird
    started a topic Pitted rust in loader bucket

Pitted rust in loader bucket

On a tractor bucket which has lived outside for 40 years, there is some pitting at the rear of the bucket where there is a stitched seam. (Bucket for Ford 770B loader, 60") There is no perforation that I can see, and when I run a pressure washer near the seam gaps I get dirty water out. What...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X