Collapse
12 results in 0.0107 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• T Red
    replied to MM255 tip question
    Would it hurt anything if i changed to the .039 tip?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• T Red
    replied to MM255 tip question
    I had to check but we are using the S-series....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• T Red
    started a topic MM255 tip question

MM255 tip question

After welding for a good bit the tip seems to constrict on the wire and the feed becomes erratic. Has anyone else had this issue?
    .035 er70, 90/10, on pulse, mostly 3/16" setting, gas 25 cfm. I've been content using the autoset function.

Welding 5/8" a while back...
    See more | Go to post

• I agree with Dobermann, I have a 14' x 3/16" same brand that produces a slight bow in the bend. It's not a problem for what we do. I'm concerned about all that pressure in a short length. I'm sure ours has bent 1/4" before I got it. But it was put into service in 1947 so maybe it's normal...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• T Red
    replied to amp usage
    A phase converter will not help you, you will still be using the same wattage or even a little more because of losses in a phase converter. How do you know that the service is maxed out? It is possible that one phase is overloaded. Have an electrician check the amperage on each phase. You will probably...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• T Red
    replied to 252 popping
    Update The 252 is still popping too much even with the Miller 25 gun. Also it has a noticeable rumbling sound at lower voltages. Which is also when it pops. Tim
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• T Red
    replied to 252 popping
    Walker I have tried that and many other settings.

I switched guns and that solved the problem. I don't understand why.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• T Red
    replied to 252 popping
    Tackit I may try that. I always assume the meters are inaccurate. I have tried many settings and still have problems with this one machine. Mostly welding 11 ga to heavier steel....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• T Red
    replied to 252 popping
    Just checked it. No problem there. I'm going to switch guns like you suggested. Thanks, Tim...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by T Red; 07-16-2015, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• T Red
    replied to 252 popping
    I spaced out my paragraphs in the above post but the forum software puts them all together. I'm I missing some setting?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• T Red
    replied to 252 popping
    Yes I have tried quite a range of voltages. The higher voltage helps a little but does not seem to be the problem. I run two other 251's at 19 V with no problems. What is the run in speed? Is it just the wire speed at the start of the arc? If so I still have problems even after running a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• T Red
    started a topic 252 popping

252 popping

I have a 252 that I cannot find an answer for. Tweco gun. It pops often. I have cleaned the ground connections. Changed the liner. It's really bad at start. Once you get a puddle started you really have to stay right in the center of it to prevent more popping. .035 wire, usually run about 20...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by T Red; 07-15-2015, 07:40 AM.
Working...
X