Collapse
13 results in 0.0198 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• junkyardwarrior
    replied to Stainless oil lines
    Use SS braided lines. Do not use rigid tubing-for a lot of reasons. What kind of race car are you dealing with here?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• junkyardwarrior
    replied to More TIG help
    I found the problem. And it's obvious. I'm an idiot for not checking when I got the bottle...now it's another 45 min drive there and 45 back....Lord give me patience with those people....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• junkyardwarrior
    replied to More TIG help
    For some reason the post didn't make it through completely?

Anyway....I ran low on Argon and exchanged the cylinder at local TSC. The original bottle was a little hard to weld with when I got it (I bought it used), but at the same time the welder was also new, and I haven't TIG'd in, gosh,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• junkyardwarrior
    started a topic More TIG help

More TIG help

Ran low on argon, exchanged cylinder at tractor supply company. Same 330 cu-ft cylinder. Prior my welding wasn...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by junkyardwarrior; 04-27-2018, 01:00 PM.

• junkyardwarrior
    replied to flow gauge
    I had an older HTP Invertig, got it when they first came out. Absolutely loved it, it did WAY more than I needed it to. Unfortunately it grew legs and I never saw it again, and never saw a dime to replace it. I would buy another. Did 99% 4130 tubing with it, and some run-of-the-mill mild steel tubing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• junkyardwarrior
    started a topic flow gauge

flow gauge

I picked up a Millermatic 211 a while back (the old style) while they were on sale. Love it. Flow gauge failed while doing some work this past weekend, causing porousity among other things. The flow needle will make a complete revolution and stops at the zero peg. I am under the impression that...
    See more | Go to post

• junkyardwarrior
    replied to MM 211 shielding gas
    I traded in the CO2 bottle today for a 138 bottle of C25. Took it home and make a couple practice runs with it. Never used it before. Always used CO2. I got used to it pretty quick. MUCH more forgiving than straight CO2. The arc sounds hotter but it doesn't weld as hot as it sounds. Arc MUCH...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• junkyardwarrior
    started a topic MM 211 shielding gas

MM 211 shielding gas

Have done some welding over the years and with GMAW processes, I've always used straight CO2. That's what I learned with and what I had success with. Last year I bought the Millermatic 211 when it was on sale, and I love the machine. However this last week I've been having an issue and I think I...
    See more | Go to post

• junkyardwarrior
    replied to Need a new MIG machine
    I've used C25 many times before. The weld is pretty, but I had trouble getting decent penetration with thicker material. But it worked good for sheet metal and I don't do a lot of sheet metal stuff. Mostly 1/8+.

Did build a welder cart though, almost done but I really need some stickers...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• junkyardwarrior
    I got 100% CO2, mainly because that is what I am used to, and what I know to use. On thicker material I seem to get better penetration than C25. C25 is, however, cleaner. For what I do, clean isn't a huge concern.

Been messing around with the 211 this past week while we had some "nice"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• junkyardwarrior
    I've been stewing on this all weekend long. Shopped around at different places. Airgas. WelsCo. Online. Tractor Supply. Lowes. Looked at Lincoln's Hobarts's and Miller's. After looking at Lincoln, I narrowed it down to Miller and Hobart. The Hobart MVP is $899 about everywhere, +/- a couple...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• junkyardwarrior
    About 10 years ago I bought a used Lincoln SP130. It did everything I needed to do with it, which wasn't much but when I want to weld, I want to be able to WELD (not fiddle around). I hate poor equipment. I dug it out of the corner one afternoon to weld up an "oops" on the mower and it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• junkyardwarrior
    started a topic Need a new MIG machine

Need a new MIG machine

I moved last year and finally started getting settled back in to the new place. Had a complete shop set up for general mechanic style stuff. Do some mowers, some general fab and some automotive motorsports (Drag racing) stuff. I had all the stuff needed but lost it all due to circumstances out of...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X