Search Result

Collapse
5 results in 0.0059 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• robzr
    replied to Learning to TIG in Chicago ??
    Hey Steve...looks like the reviewers on amazon agree with you! I ordered it (from buy.com, 10% cheaper than amazon). Thanks for the tip. I'm getting a bit better on the steel, still a little confused on exactly what to do with the torch after the puddle starts. Do you move the puddle in a straight...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• robzr
    started a topic Dynasty 200DX + Readywelder (spool gun)?

Dynasty 200DX + Readywelder (spool gun)?

Does anyone see a reason why this would not work? For those who are not familiar, the Readywelder (www.readywelder.com) is a MIG spool gun designed to run on batteries setup in series to provide 18, 24 or 36 volts, and apparently, it can run on Constant Current power supplies, as long as they don't...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by envano; 09-26-2006, 03:49 PM.

• robzr
    started a topic Tri Mix of any use for Tig?

Tri Mix of any use for Tig?

I have a 20 cf bottle of Tri-Mix (91% Helium 8% Argon 1% CO2) that I got for using with MIG welding stainless. Is this usable for TIG, any benefits of this over 100% Argon?

I think I can get full credit on the bottle if I trade it in, would any other mixes (helium/argon) or gasses...
    See more | Go to post

• robzr
    replied to Learning to TIG in Chicago ??
    Thanks for the advice, guys. I ordered the Miller Student package, that does seem like a lot of stuff for $25...I tried some more welds today, and made a few good ones. I think I'm gonna follow WB5JHY's advice and see if I can find someone skilled at TIG to work with me for a couple hours, to make...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• robzr
    started a topic Learning to TIG in Chicago ??

Learning to TIG in Chicago ??

After working (playing!) with MIG for a while on stainless/mild/alum, I got cocky and bought a Dynasty 200DX.. I've wasted countless hours and bottles of Argon burning through various metals and I can't weld with this thing worth a crap. Any advice on what/where I can get some good info/training to...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X