No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
25 results in 0.0088 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Looks nice! I will be putting a 4130 cage in my car this winter. I am happy to hear that I don't need to preheat and delay cool down, like I thought I would have to.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JET
    replied to Amsoil in Engine Driven
    Yeah, I am not a fan of Amsoil, their manual tranny fluid is junk and their oils seem to break down fast. Royal Purple is the same way, awesome to start with, but breaks down quickly. A smaller company like that who does have great stuff is Red Line. Mobil 1 is very good also and much cheaper, I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JET
    replied to Recommend a new machine for me!
    Thanks for the extra options guys. I am a single person shop and I only do this part time, so the 350p is even going to be pushing the budget. It looks like the way to go though, since I don't want to TIG each intake manifold since there are about 9' of welds on each one. The manifolds get put under...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JET
    Thanks guys, I do have a TIG already, so I think I am looking at the 350p with a python. If things take off enough I will probably get a 252 for just stainless so I don't have to switch the 350p from aluminum to stainless all the time. I will just try to batch the aluminum jobs. I was hoping there...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JET
    Thanks Paul, I have been checking out the 350p and it seems to be exactly what I would want for doing aluminum with the Python gun. That is quite a bit of coin for that setup though Are there any push-pull guns with a smaller tip than the python?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JET
    started a topic Recommend a new machine for me!

Recommend a new machine for me!

I have done a bunch of research on here, but I haven't found what I am looking for. I have an aftermarket automotive business, mostly 16 gauge 304SS exhaust and intercooler tubing. I also do a fair amount of aluminum production work, mostly 1/8", but some 1/8" welded to 1/2". The size...
    See more | Go to post

• JET
    started a topic Where's the leak?

Where's the leak?

Alright, I sprung a leak in my return line/power cable of my Weldcraft #20 torch. Is there a way to replace the outside hose? Do I have to buy their repair kit?
    See more | Go to post

• JET
    replied to Plasma
    Alright, any input on a Hypertherm Max 40cs? It is used and one of the older black ones with red stripes on the front. It looks like 3/8" capacity on it.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JET
    replied to Plasma
    99% of what I will do with this is pop holes in stainless for oxygen sensors. I am kind of torn, but I think if I see a good deal pop up on something, I will snag it. I have been scanning Ebay for a week now, there are a few I am looking at. Are there any problems with ESAB or L-tec? They seem to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JET
    replied to Plasma
    The reason I got the MM251 was that I am getting a 3 year old machine for $875. We don't need it at my day job, so I am buying it for my shop. Obviously it is a great deal that I can't pass up.

If I was a welding shop or a general shop I would get a larger one (I have actually been...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JET
    replied to Plasma
    I guess I should have been a bit more specific. I make high performance exhausts and intercooler piping. I also do aluminum intake manifolds. All of the piping is 304 or 409 SS and 16 guage at the thickest. I have used a hypertherm 380 at the last 2 places that I worked. We have had some small...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JET
    started a topic Plasma

Plasma

I am finally getting all the goodies I want for my shop. I had a Hobart Handler 140 that will now just do mild steel work (I don't do hardly any), a MM251 will be in the shop within a week, and I have had my Synchrowave 250 for a month now.

The next big thing I need to get is a plasma...
    See more | Go to post

• JET
    replied to making better mig welds
    I use C's when working on thin metal and the cursive e's most of the rest of the time. I am not a pro like some of these guys though.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JET
    replied to MM210 Cooling Fan
    And there is no trying to steal my name!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Conrad, the duty cycle you have listed for the TA185 is for stick, not TIG. I too went through this same decision just a bit ago. I was set on getting a used Syncro250 after being told the TA185 wouldn't be up to the task of doing 1/8". You are looking at about a 30% duty cycle on 1/8"....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X