Collapse
25 results in 0.0175 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Dynasty 300 DX split personality problem

Hi guys

We have a 3 year old Dynasty 300 DX which has been a brilliant machine.

It had the standard main board change under warranty for no HF start and has not missed a beat since.

However now when you switch it on it thinks it is HF, Lift Start and Stick...
    See more | Go to post

• Losing the thread...

Guys - getting way OT - this thread is really only about 2 things :
    • Grainy bead - aesthetic mainly but we can probably all get round that one by trying different fillers etc
    • Poor starting - this is the important one. If a Dynasty won't start without
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Springbox
    replied to TIG - Getting Flashed
    Flashing - can get you in to trouble

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies - At last - it seems we are not alone ....

In answer to people's kind suggestions :

We have tried rebooting on factory default settings - does not seem to make any difference....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Springbox
    Flashing - I want to stop

Hi Burninbriar

No it does not burn through, nor does it mark the work. If I am using a pedal control & I back off but keep the arc going, it goes back to normal brightness but if I then apply some more amps - over bright again. In other words,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Springbox
    This must happen to everyone...

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies. This is nothing to do with welding hoods as it would be just the same if I was wearing a good old fashioned non electronic fixed shade helmet.

I can be running a bead quite happily with normal...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Springbox
    started a topic TIG - Getting Flashed

TIG - Getting Flashed

Hi Guys

I have noticed that I am getting flashed (sudden increase in weld brightness and nothing top do with helmets) more & more often these days when TIG welding with our Dynasty 300DX in both AC and DC.

We always clean with acetone thoroughly and I am definitely...
    See more | Go to post

• Springbox
    replied to Tig coolant lifespan
    My life as a gallon of coolant

Thanks guys

I guess I just need to watch for crud & keep topping up. We use distilled water (old, damp house with dehumidifiers) with our antifreeze so no limescale.

Thanks for the replies
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Springbox
    started a topic Tig coolant lifespan

Tig coolant lifespan

Hi Guys

Like many people we use a fairly strong mix of distilled water with auto antifreeze (ethylene glycol) in our tig Coolmates, rather than the Miller coolant fluid.

It works fine but how often should the system be flushed & the coolant replaced i.e. is there a...
    See more | Go to post

• Springbox
    replied to TIG flashing - why?
    More on flashing

Hi Guys

Normally about 125 Hz, 68% balance, any amps, no pulse

I think Coalsmoke's current thread http://www.millermotorsports.com/mbo...ead.php?t=6252"GTAW: Why is my Aluminum Exploding????" is similar -...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Springbox
    replied to TIG flashing - why?
    TIG flashing 2

Hi guys

We are not using lift arc and forget helmet settings - imagine we are using a good old fashioned non electronic dark glass fixed shade helmet.....

Apologies, I have not explained myself sufficiently clearly - I will have another go....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Springbox
    started a topic TIG flashing - why?

TIG flashing - why?

Hi guys

We all get flashed whilst tigging sometimes which is a pain because you have to wait a bit before you can see your line again but recently I have noticed it is happening more often.

To be clear I do not mean anything to do with any helmet, I mean the type of flashing...
    See more | Go to post

• Now I understand

Thanks for the eloquent and concise replies guys - it all makes sense now.

I would have replied earlier but I have been away for a few days hence no thanks to date.

Springbox
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Should know, will look foolish but....

Hi Guys

This is one of those "I've alwasys wondered" questions.

How is it that when TIG welding aluminium, we all go to so much trouble and expense with our AC machines to break through the oxide layer but MIG welding does not bother, it just uses DC?
    See more | Go to post

• 300 DX lives again

We have just replaced the main board on our Dynasty 300DX. The board was easy to fit and has transformed the HF / no start issues. However the machine start now "feels" different and the HF is not as strong as it was when new but works fine.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Springbox
    replied to Dynasty 200
    300DX still not well

Last year we reported that our 300DX was suffering from starting problems - weak HF etc and we were not alone.

Well now it is weak & intermittent HF, Lift start sometimes works but other times just nothing or starts on full current (which is interesting)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X