99 results in 0.0678 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• TheRealSpinner
    started a topic Seat Belts

Seat Belts

I am currently looking for some seatbelts. They are to go in my Freshly Built Dune Buggy. I was planning on a 5 pt. harness. The buggy is registered and street legal (titled as a VW), so I want the seat belts to be street legal.

My questions are: What does SFI 16.1 mean, and is that...
    See more | Go to post

• TheRealSpinner
    started a topic 4130 to 316

4130 to 316

Anybody have a recommendation for filler material when welding these materials together?

The 4131 is .095 tubing and the 316 is thick wall bar.

Thanks.
    See more | Go to post

• TheRealSpinner
    replied to chromemoly welding
    I appreciate the knowledge and knowhow that members like Benny have, but personally, I like answers like the one I gave; pretty concise, without a lot of technicality. In the end, I believe that both the answers (mine and Benny's) were very similar.
    I would like to say that I did attacked by...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied to chromemoly welding
    lots of people will agree that the way to weld chromoly is to TIG weld it, but mild steel filler. the reason being: chromoly is a hard material. when you weld it, it has a tendency to destroy these properties and cause weak points. if you MIG it, you will most likely overheat the material (further...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I usually cut my 1/16" filler in half because it is less flimsy. I find that the shorter lengths are easier to aim and are more accurate. With larger than 1/16", I find it unnecessary. I agree with [email protected] and Coalsmoke, it does tend to be wasteful to cut in half, and it is easier to store...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied to Air Tools
    Skyway Tools is where the sale is going on (even though it's probably too late today). It's at their [new] loaction on Skyway, on the left just before you leave Chico headed to Paradise.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied to Air Compressor
    I just got an email saying that they had a family emergency (I hope everything is alright) and that it should have been shipped out today (if the credit card number I had given them was the right one). I can't wait. I already started buying tools for it.

As much as I am looking forward...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied to Air Tools
    Well, I've taken everybody's advice, once again. I have started purchasing used tools off ebay, but the tool supply store in town is having a sale on IR and CP tools, I think I am going to buy a bunch of tools while they are still in stock. They seem to be priced reasonably close to online prices,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    I am really looking forward to recieving my new air compressor, but I am a bit scared that it won't be for a while. I sent an email to Matt about 3 weeks ago asking about when I would receive it if I ordered it then. He returned the email promptly stating that I would receive it somewhere around now....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied to Site changes
    It might be because I use a public computer (or somebody elses) most of the time, so I don't stay signed in. So, when I open the page, it displays all the posts, none in bold. Then, once I have signed in, they don't become bold because the site thinks I have looked at them all already.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    replied to Site changes
    The think I don't like about it is that when I click the ask andy button to direct me here, then I have to sign in, but once I do that, I have apparently read all the posts, so I have no "unread" posts to read. I liked it better before when the posts I hadn't read were in bold.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    started a topic Air Tools

Air Tools

So, I've got this Eaton compressor coming, and need to buy some tools. I love Snap-On, but don't like the price at all (especially because it is for hobby use). I did spend a lot on the compressor and would like quality air tools to go along with it, but people keep telling me to buy disposable (Harbour...
    See more | Go to post

• TheRealSpinner
    How much beer would it take to get you out to Cali?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• TheRealSpinner
    Well, I got one. I decided on the 80 Gal Eaton verticle compressor (and 50ft hose with self-winding dispensor). I haven't figured out how I am going to get it im place yet. It is going to be pretty heavy, I guess I will have to make some STRONG friends, and fast.

The first thing I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Here's some more Pics....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X