Search Result

Collapse
198 results in 0.0799 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Jpross,
    Thanks for the tip. I had read somewhere else on this board also about adjusting the frequency to help with the graininess. I have a few questions/comments about this:

1. How do you know which way to adjust it? If you have a one time shot on a real one time part...how...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• This is a very similar experience I am having with my D200DX. I do not consider myself very experienced in TIG, but I can put down a good bead most of the time (sometimes things go haywire, and this is the reason for this post). I thought that it was me, or my setup, or something. I have a witness...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jolane
    replied to Plasma for 1/8" aluminum?
    Good Point Frank. Use a wood blade on the aluminum, not a metal cutting blade. The metal blade, in my experience, just clogged too easily. I use the courser toothed blades (Hilti and Bosch) for aluminum and they work great.

Joshua
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jolane
    replied to Plasma for 1/8" aluminum?
    I agree with wb5jhy. I have a Spectrum 625 plasma, but when it cam to building my .093 aluminum fuel tank, I used my jigsaw. Sure it is slower than the plasma, but I could cut to final size and cleanup was easy. It will scratch the finish though as the chips get run over by the jigsaw sole, so keep...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• At this point, everyone in my family KNOWS not to buy me tools as a gift. A simple gift certificate is best... I know that is sounds sad...

Joshua...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• When I originally looked at the Costco boxes, I thought they weredecent looking. I cannot remember what brand, nor what style they were (full width or what). I have not been to Costco in a few years now since I have a Sams Club membership instead.

The box that Sams Club currently sells...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jolane
    replied to Welding 1/2" Stainless
    How about coating a mild steel version with a ceramic? The ceramic may allow the life of the part to extend many times, and it might not be too expensive. I am not sure the JetHot stuff would work, but maybe they can point you in the right direction...

Just brainstorming here,
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jolane
    replied to Manuals Sucks!
    I tend to agree with Zgoo about this to some extent. Not everyone has experience with welding, and some of the functions could probably be better described on their uses with simple examples.

On the other hand, Miller does have some good information available including this message board...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jolane
    Colasmoke,
    No problem. I didn't mean to make it seem like a lecture. Rather, I hoped that it might help someone in the future understand part of the how and why...

I worked at a company where this stuff meant a lot to the overall technology. We were melting (not cutting, rather...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jolane
    Coalsmoke,

SS is a poor conductor of heat actually. It also does have more electrical resistivity than other materials, but the important thing when welding is more the thermal conductivity. This is why the melt poor does not spread out as much as say aluminum. Steel is between the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jolane
    Uh Fun, he said his pieces are 1/2" thick, or .50", which equates to 500 Amps.

Tony,
    I am certainly not the person to answer your question, but I do have a comment or two.
    1. I have seen similar sized SS parts welded with Stick, and the parts warped pretty...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• If you look closely, the Craftsman boxes are made by Waterloo. I believe the Traxxas lineup is equivalent to the ball bearing craftsman's. I own two sets of the Magnum boxes, 46" wide version, which is identical to the Craftsmab Professional line (the only difference I see is the lock mechanism...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey now, what is this all about? Did you decide to buy a CNC too, or are you doing a conversion on the IH you just got? I really like the Tormach machine, except that the working space is too small!

I emailed you about the pictures and information you had on the IH. For some reason...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Laiky,
    I spent several days and a lot of material rebuilding a gas tank for my car because of a similar problem to what you are experiencing. I got the shell of the tank mostly complete sans the top, and then tried welding in the baffles to the bottom. Warpage city to say the least. After...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Paul,
    I can comment on the load bearing of the pins. Before I say anything though, please understand that while I have an engineering degree, I am not a registered PE with the license to sign off on any designs like this. This is merely an example of what I have done! Is that enough lawyers?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X