Search Result

Collapse
5 results in 0.0063 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• welding copper

You mentioned that it has to be strong, so i would go with the silicon-bronze filler rod. Parent metal does give the best color match but has very little strength. Also, the heat affected zone will become considerably softer due to the intense heat input required to weld...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Cable railing

I`m not the best estimator personally, but i can offer a bit of advise. Almost without exception, your end posts need to be double posts or reinforced with some sort of visually appealing strong back. If you don`t take this into account your end posts will be "banana"_ed...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Demonknight
    replied to what helmet?
    Welcome to the world of welding. Its a great career choice and is most rewarding. I`ve enjoyed it for 32 years now as a profession, and have never regretted it.
    I agree with Canuck. I wouldnt sink my money into a big dollar helmet just yet. Wait and see what type of welding your leaning towards...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I`ve never had the opportunity to weld with a Dyn 200dx, but i have years and years of experiece with the Sync 250dx and i love it. You can order it loaded with features such as pulseing, but i doubt you`d really need these as a beginner in a home workshop situation. The syncrowave balance lets you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Demonknight
    replied to Magnesium?
    You will setup your machine to weld magnesium exactly the same as you would to weld aluminum. Make sure you clean the weld area real good. The part you are talking about welding is probably a die casting and not a sand casting so you shouldnt encounter alot of porosity contamination. The weld bead will...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X