Collapse
48 results in 0.0052 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• VBI
    replied to New Drill Press
    I have a drill press that I would consider similar in quality to what is available at HF. I have found mine to be well worth the money spent. The only problem I have had is that the belt tension is hard to adjust and sometimes the belts slip with continuous heavy use. I have used it for years and find...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Weldingwagon,

I am thankful you finally have some resolve to your long drawn out saga and that Miller was not at fault. It is difficult enough to be in business for yourself and keep food on the table let alone have to deal with destructive, sabotage minded mental cases.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    replied to Welding Cart
    I too have used flattened expanded metal set into the framework of angle iron. It is not pricy either. If your space is very limited I think I would opt for the stacked style with the machine I plan to use the most on top. Or design in such a way that you could put either machine in either location....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    replied to poor weld
    It may be you have twist in your wire and it labors as it is fed through the liner of your gun. Sometimes you can feel it while you are welding in the gun handle in severe conditions. It causes erratic feeding and thus erratic welding problems.

When all of the most common possible...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    replied to Repair-welding cast aluminum
    HAWK, I will abide by your advice and keep the wife #1.

pjs, you are a lucky man, don’t let that one get away!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    replied to Beware of the Pipepro 304!!!!!
    tackit

Where did you read that? I did not say he needs two machines I said “a back up plan of some kind.”

I expect my $31,000.00 two year old truck to run every day not just work days. If my truck quits running and I can’t get to work, I do not sit at home and wait...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    I appreciate all the input concerning this thread. I now have to ‘demo’ two machines this spring because of this forum, 300DX, MM350P. Going to have to treat the wife a little extra nice!

Thanks
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    replied to Welding on vechicles
    Iso 50

Sberry brings up good points, cautions. I know a few body-men who do not disconnect the battery while welding on the body itself, but they all use a magnetic ground as close as possible to the actual weld work. Furthermore they also connect a 10 gauge wire with alligator clip...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    Hawk,
    I also have found the carbide burr made for aluminum and used with a die grinder to offer the most effective method of aluminum joint prep and also second the “SAIT” brand grinding disc for aluminum. It is amazing they do not clog solid with the spent material.

Also,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    replied to AC Hertz control advantages
    pjs,

I understand your post, HAZ is an important consideration especially with aluminum. What I do not grasp is what am I missing out on, or limited to, because I do not have a Hertz control on my machine?

Where have you found, to employ Hz. adjustment to be necessary...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    replied to spec 625
    dulknife,
    I have posted this before and I will post it again. If you are genuinely having trouble with your equipment for any reason, call the manufacurers customer service department and if they cannot fix the problem, request they send out a trouble shooter. It has worked for me.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    started a topic AC Hertz control advantages

AC Hertz control advantages

I am relatively new to this site, and have read quite a few posts concerning bead shaping while welding aluminum with the newer machines (inverters). Most offer not only control over + and - balance of the AC square wave but also the power to alter the normal 60 Hertz input to a variable Hertz on the...
    See more | Go to post

• VBI
    replied to TIG and thin(ish) aluminum
    [email protected],
    I am no expert on aluminum welding but I did successfully weld a .039” thick stamped aluminum radiator fill-cap neck to 10 ga. (approx).135” radiator tank top assy. with a little encouragement from my understanding wife.

I wasn’t exactly thrilled with the idea,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• VBI
    started a topic Repair-welding cast aluminum

Repair-welding cast aluminum

Lately I have had the opportunity to repair cast aluminum transmission cases for a local transmission shop that have cracks in them from minor to severe. When I get them, the cases have been degreased in a commercial quality 180 degree parts washer-cleaner.

As clean as they seem to...
    See more | Go to post

• VBI
    replied to Miller Machine Info
    Thanks everyone for the input. I hope to demo the MM350P in a couple months.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X