Search Result

Collapse
21 results in 0.0143 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I am in the same boat....

I have an old style ITE circuit breaker pannel. It is full, and I need to run at least a one hundred amp circuit to the shop to power my Syrcrowave 300.

In my case, I am going to have to upgrade to a 200 amp service to my house. I am going to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thumb Clip Pull
    replied to Stripper update!
    Hard, clear coat.

Hi Mike,

No. I believe that the clear coating is hard and clear. It is not very thick. I think that it is just a protective coating that was appied when the board was originally manufactured.

I think that the board was sprayed with this...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Syncrowave 300 is no longer made.

Well, at least I don't think that it made anymore. I know that a 350XL model is currently made.

As to replacement cost. I believe that a new Syncrowave 350XL would cost somewhere in the three to four thousand dollar range. Perhaps they...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thumb Clip Pull
    started a topic Stripper update!

Stripper update!

For the entertainment of several...

I tried using a little bit of paint stripper on one corner of the back side of the black painted circuit board from my Miller Syncrowave 300 welder. Unfortunately the stripper did not have much effect on the black coating, but it did desolve the "clear...
    See more | Go to post

• Sure thing!

Too many tools,

This is a Syncrowave 300. It was manufactured by Miller Electric around 1975. The machine is in excellent condition otherwise.

I agree that eleven hundred dollars is too much to pay to fix most old welders, but I believe that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• As thick as paint.

Yes, that is right! The coating is only as thick as paint.

I down loaded a copy of Miller form # OM-350P from the Miller web site. This is a parts list starting with serial number JG064819. (My serial number is HF870XXX.) I was compairing my circuit...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Pictures of the blackened circuit card.

Here are a couple of pictures of this main circuit card for your viewing enjoyment.

Please notice in the view of the component side of the circuit board, that capacitor C8 (in the lower left hand corner of the board) is not coated....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks Mike!

I got busy around the house last evening and did not get to make any digital pictures. I'll try again tonight after I get home from my second job!

You must be an electronics wizard if you can reverse engineer these things. I had basic electronics many years...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for the replys!

I called Miller Electric Manufacturing, 1-920-734-9821. I talked to some really nice people in Tech Service, Literature, and the Parts Department. I was told by Tech Service that Miller no longer repairs circuit boards. They told me that I should replace it or...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Circuit board coated with black paint?

Has anyone had the covers off of their Syncrowave welder and found black paint on the the Main Control Circuit Card? (There is no black paint on my Post-Flow and High Frequency Timer circuit card.)

Has anyone tried to remove this black coating?

I tried using Acetone and...
    See more | Go to post

• Syncrowave 300 update

I called my dealer this morning and explained that I can't afford to pay them to fix my welder. They are only charging me a very little for testing my welder. I will go by there at lunch time and pick it up.

I will have to try and find a technical...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Yes Sir!

This is indeed the $157.50 dollar tig welder from the Virginia State auction! The shop foreman at my Miller dealer recognized it on sight! He trouble shot it for William and Marry College. (They ended up purchasing a new TIG welder from Miller.)

I was thinking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thumb Clip Pull
    started a topic Syncrowave 300 question

Syncrowave 300 question

Hello!

I took my Syncrowave 300 to my local Miller dealer, authorized repair center this morning. They tested my machine and said that the control board and a "L.E.M." was bad. They said that repairs would cost about nine hundred fifty dollars. Does this sound about right?...
    See more | Go to post

• I got the [email protected]#t scared out of me!

I talked to a friend about these spots that I have been seeing. She said that I may have a detached or torn retina and that I need to go to the doctor like "right now!"

I called my regular optometrist's office and described my...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moving the furniture is

not too bad. It is all of the junk that we have in the furniture as well! The entertainment center had a hundred thousand wires and jumper cables between the t.v., vcr, dvd, stereo, cd disk player, antenna...you name it! Then there were all of the books, videos,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X