Collapse
6 results in 0.0067 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• FNG
    replied to 330 A/BP tig high frequency
    Ok I got 2 new capacitors from miller4less, I called Miller tech to be sure new numbers would cross referance. I installed them and now HF works. It's still slow to start, lag time between pedal and torch, but it works. Thanks for all the help.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• FNG
    Ok, I isolated each one of the "mica capacitors" and the HF works with one but not the other. So I'll replace both and let you know how it works. Yes I could always scratch it but I wanted the HF to work for aluminum. Thanks again for all the help. What a great source of information.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• FNG
    Thanks Cruizer and H80N. I will try that. Earlier I checked the HF intensity with an ohms meter, it shows some wear but it increases and decreases when you go from high to low. I had a busy day today so maybe tomorrow.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• FNG
    Thanks for the link. I have spark at the gaps, but tomorrow I will try to isolate one capacitor or the other to check for failure. I took off both side panels, blew out some crud. At night in the dark, didn't see any arcing except at the spark gaps. Should the arcing be obvious? Any ideas where to consentrate...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• FNG
    Thanks Cruizer, I took off the side panel and tried that and didn't see any arcing or signs of bridging. I will try again tonite.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• FNG
    started a topic 330 A/BP tig high frequency

330 A/BP tig high frequency

Help, I picked up a Miller 330 A/BP ser#P349977 and after a month I have no high frequency start. Spark gaps light up with the remote. I cleaned and reset tha gaps to .008" I held the ground clamp close to the electrode terminal to eliminate the torch or cable, no HF. The last time the HF worked...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X