Collapse
77 results in 0.0143 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• ChrisV
    replied to MIG for on-site?
    Thanks for the quick response. Would you run gas or flux core?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ChrisV
    started a topic MIG for on-site?

MIG for on-site?

Hi All,
    Most of our welding is done in the shop but once and while we have to go out in the field to do some welding for installtions. Looking for a portable MIG unit that could do up to 1/4” Steel. Any suggestions appreciated....
    See more | Go to post

• ChrisV
    replied to How long would this take you?
    Stopwatch Calrification

Guys,
    Thanks for all the feedback, some clarification: The stopwatch is just a kitchen type timer to keep track and it was given to the employee to keep track of the time a given task takes (I was not walking around timing each task).

As...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ChrisV
    replied to How long would this take you?
    All,
    Thank you for the excellent feedback! This has been very informative. There are 2 main factors that are considered in a project - cost & time. I don't talk enough with other welders on how long a given project should take or cost.

I will try to clarify some of the points...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ChrisV
    started a topic How long would this take you?

How long would this take you?

Hi All,
    We built this frame for a wood torsion table top. I am questioning how long my new employee is taking to do some projects. Based on the info below, what is your rough estimate in time for cleaning the material, cutting, fit & weld.

2x4 rectangle (top frame) has 2 -...
    See more | Go to post

• ChrisV
    started a topic Estimating Time on Custom Work

Estimating Time on Custom Work

Hi All,
    Many of our projects are custom one-offs and often we are making 20 pcs of a bracket or a special part etc - not complex. It would be nice to have a standard structure to follow even though each project is different and not take hours in putting an estimate together. Any tips on estimating...
    See more | Go to post

• ChrisV
    replied to Frame Jig
    Thanks for the feedback, I would like to avoid tacks and use an adjustable locking system like the bolts. Not looking for much movement in the frame and want it to be robust so squareness isn't compromised.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ChrisV
    started a topic Frame Jig

Frame Jig

Hi All,
    Its been a while since my last post, did a search on "Frame Jig" and didn't find to much.

We build a lot of rectangular frames out of tube steel (like many guys do) and I was looking for some ideas on a jig that could sit on the welding table to hold the 4 parts...
    See more | Go to post

• ChrisV
    replied to Hanging Metal Panels
    Chris,
    Thanks and awesome work...checked out your website.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ChrisV; 10-25-2008, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisV
    Ed,
    Funny you should mention 3M, the Rep was in Today and gave me a solution to eliminate any rattling. A double sided tape rated for exterior applications. A VHB tape in the same family of tapes that Boeing uses to mount certain parts on their wings!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ChrisV
    Guys,
    Thanks for the ideas and I apologize for the lack of details. The tabs(w/holes) are for securing the sub-frame to the block wall of an elevator shaft. Considering it's and "artistic " type piece I am trying to avoid fasteners that would be exposed on the face. Andy, I like the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ChrisV
    started a topic Hanging Metal Panels

Hanging Metal Panels

Hi All,
    We are doing a custom job for a resturant and need to hang 5 panels which will overlap each other by about 1'. It's more of an artistic piece then functional. I attached a .pdf 2D drawing. I am having a dilemma on deciding the gauge (20GA...to much weight>). of cold rolled I want to...
    See more | Go to post

• ChrisV
    started a topic Hanging Metal Panels

Hanging Metal Panels

I MOVED THIS POST TO "PROJECTS"

Hi All,
    We are doing a custom job for a resturant and need to hang 5 panels which will overlap each other by about 1'. It's more of an artistic piece then functional. I attached a .pdf 2D drawing. I am having a dilemma...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ChrisV; 10-23-2008, 12:26 PM.

• ChrisV
    replied to Metal Gate Parts
    Thanks, I just placed an order with them.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ChrisV
    started a topic Metal Gate Parts

Metal Gate Parts

Hi All,
    I am looking for a source that supply good metal gate parts - hinges, spring closers, etc. The local steel places all carry most of the same and a lot of it is poorly made. An online source would be great. Thanks
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X