No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
27 results in 0.0080 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Picked up some thinner gloves, a larger bottle of gas and some stainless rod. I will hopefully get to play some more soon.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I am getting the hang of it. Here is what I came up with..... Forget bulky welding gloves. Find something thin. Turn the amperage way up on the machine so you dont have to roll the wheel three times to get full current. So far so good using this advice. I was getting decent at it till I ran out of gas...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jevs
    replied to My Dynasty 200DX cart
    Yeah, I welded a bolt to the bottom frame for the back wheels. My next project is a cart for the plasma cutter. I thought I was about done for tools, but now I think I want a tubing bender
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jevs
    started a topic My Dynasty 200DX cart

My Dynasty 200DX cart

I practiced my TIG welding and built this cart......until I ran out of Argon. Man that gas went fast. After Tig welding for a bit and going back to the Mig, it makes you feel like a pro!. Man that Miller Mig welds soo good It isn't quite as pretty, but man it's fast and so easy. Anyway, thought you...
    See more | Go to post

• jevs
    started a topic Hand control ?? hard to use.......

Hand control ?? hard to use.......

I finally got my Dynsaty 200DX with the contractors kit. I chose the hand control because I figured I may need to get into some spots where I can't keep a foot on a box. I am not sure which way this is supposed to be mounted on the torch. The manual is terrible because it doesn't even show the head...
    See more | Go to post

• jevs
    replied to Question about starting Business
    My only suggestion is, if you want to have a business your going to need a MIG welder. Here is an example of why. Lets say I have an old trailer that needs some metal replaced. I don't want to pay you by the hour to lay down nice TIG welds on this trailer. I want it done as quickly as possible so I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jevs
    replied to TIG input amperage
    The only reason to go back to a 60 AMP breaker is if you do not have the proper size wire coming out of your box. Period. Some people that posted seem to think you have a 180 sync., but it looks to me like you have a 300. If you ever use it to capacity you will want the bigger breaker. It would be kinda...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Well then that settles that. It is down to a bench grinder or a Sharpie. Would be nice to save the space though. Does anyone have any comments on using the sharpie? I know it is just a $40 dremel knockoff and a custom attachment. Is this worth $250. Does it have enough power? Has anyone just machined...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Doh! Don't show everyone that, thats the one I was already watching On another note I looked at the sharpening wheel at Lowees and it is real low RPM. Will the low RPM of a sharpening stone work on tungsten?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jevs
    replied to Tungsten Sharpening Dynasty 200DX
    What about using a sharpening wheel. Lowes has one for $29. I could make an adjustable jig to hold the tungsten at the proper angle. Would a sharpening wheel do the job on tungsten, or is it too rough or too fine? I am having a hard time parting with $250 for some reason. What about wet grinding the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• What about the sharpening wheel? It is cheeper than the bench grinder. It is also smaller because it only has one wheel. Is a sharpening stone ok to use?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jevs
    started a topic What to use for Tungsten grinding??

What to use for Tungsten grinding??

I have been looking on the net and the only one that is half way affordable is the sharpie. I cannot decide if I should buy that or just buy another bench grinder and dedicate it to tungsten grinding. If I did the bench grinder then I would have to make something to hold the tungsten to get perfect...
    See more | Go to post

• Maybe this is where all of my millions of video game hours will pay off. Good at working lots of buttons at once
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jevs
    replied to Tungsten Sharpening Dynasty 200DX
    Does the curve of a grinding wheel affect anything? or do you grind them on the flat side of the wheel? I know you want the grain to be towards the tip and not circular around the tungsten. What exactly is your method on a grinding wheel? You might as well get used to my TIG welding newbie questions...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I ordered the DYnasty 200DX. I could not justify the $3000 over the price of the SD180 for the 300DX. I could Justify the $1000 more for the 200DX, because it can do so much more and the small current drain/portability factor. The really nice thing as that my local suppliar is matching internet pricing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X