20 results in 0.0045 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• austy888
    replied to New Blue
    welcome to the club

the 200 is in my opinion the best tig on the market. its aluminum capabilities far exceed anything i have come across. i love mine to death and i am sure that you will love yours too. i use it primarily for custom dashes and fab work for race chassis but also do chassis...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• austy888
    replied to MIG welding 4130
    good luck

sorry about the long response time. i am not local to the denver area but if all your fits are ok (which sounds to be the case) you should be fine. btw what score class you building for?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• austy888
    replied to i switched 030 wire
    setup

this is on a mm175 machine with c 25 gas. the wire is solid 030 prostar from my local praxair distributor.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• austy888
    replied to MIG welding 4130
    the fit of your joints

a big part of race fabtication is how your joints fit. personally i use and end mill in a horizontal milling machine for precise fits without big gaps. if you dont mind me asking how do you notch your tubing. cause the better the fit, the smaller the bead, the less...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• austy888
    started a topic i switched 030 wire

i switched 030 wire

i switched my wire to the 030 size and seems that the welder is more poppy and spattery than when i had the smaller wire. i have adjusted hte wire speed as per the door chart. is this normal.
    See more | Go to post

• buy your bottles

i always prefer to buy my bottles because i ask for blank neck bottles and are able to get them filled at praxair or airgas or whatever gas house is more accessable or open for that matter.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• austy888
    replied to New 180 arrived
    its okay to stick tungs

electrodes are cheap and the only way to learn is to stick a few. just makle sure you grind all of the contaminanents out. btw are you using an aircooled torch? if so consider a water cooled model because they are alot smaller phyiscally and easier to work with....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• austy888
    started a topic new mm 175

new mm 175

beleve it or not my boss purchased me a mm 175 unit as a bonus. i already own a dynasty 200 dx and can tig well so you probably wont beleve this. my mig welding is terrible. i just never learned the process. my manual says that this machine has wire speed tracking, does that get you close? i am running...
    See more | Go to post

• austy888
    started a topic regulator questions

regulator questions

the regulator that came with my dynasty 200 is screwing up. is it worth it to get it rebuilt, or just buy a new flowmeter?
    See more | Go to post

• austy888
    started a topic gas dissapation

gas dissapation

i keep my 200 dx in a cold garage and havent noticed any problems, although it seems that the argon in my bottle seems to dissapte in the cold. is this normal?
    See more | Go to post

• austy888
    replied to What Welder to buy
    the mm 135, 175, 210 are all great welders. the 210 hooksup for aluminum mig plug and play. i am also a young welder(21 yrs) and i am stilll learning for and more every day. if you are going to get an oxy/acl torch buy one with welding tips also. hen buy the welders handbook by victor. i learned to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• austy888
    replied to Third Party Torches
    good torch value

personaly io use a wp 20 type water cooled torch from zap plasmatherm with my syncrowave 250 at work. it has a round ribbed shape and it takes the smaller components(cups, colletts, etc.). the price is roughly 80.00 for the torch with 12.5 ft cables. its shape isnt as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• austy888
    replied to Third Party Torches
    good torch value

personaly io use a wp 20 type water cooled torch from zap plasmatherm with my syncrowave 250. it has a round ribbed shape and it takes the smaller components(cups, colletts, etc.). the price is roughly 80.00 for the torch with 12.5 ft cables. its shape isnt as confortable...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• austy888
    started a topic dynasty 200 wire feeder?

dynasty 200 wire feeder?

the 3045 fc feeder works with a cc machine supposedly, so could i use it with my dynasty 200 for wire welding purposes? if so how well does it work? i need a mig machine now and would like to maybe just buy the wire feeder. if not a viable option maybe a millermatic 210 is in my future. thanks for help...
    See more | Go to post

• 200 dx vs 180 sd.

i recently purchased a 200 dx. it is an awesome machine. however you should know that i use a 250 syncrowave at work and learned to weld with that machine. the dynasty is giving me fits be cause the inverter arc is vastly different. not to mention that welding aluminum...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X