Tags
  •  

• Why aluminum?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoko
    started a topic Electric Service Install For Dialarc 250

Electric Service Install For Dialarc 250

My Dialarc 250 is about 130' from the nearest breaker box which is mounted on the power pole. The manual says I can run my input conductor for a maximum of 78' using 8ga wire. I would probably still come up short even using 6ga wire. How do I deal with this?
    I'm thinking I may have to run another...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Hoko; 11-29-2014, 07:24 PM.

• Hoko
    replied to Welding Leads
    Ah, ok I think I would be better off without it. Thx...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoko
    replied to Welding Leads
    I am looking at the manual about electrical service connections. It is showing comparisons of connecting to service with power factor correction and to service without power factor correction which is less efficient. Can someone explain to me what this is talking about?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hoko
    replied to Welding Leads
    Thanks, I looked that up. That's great you have those manuals for download. After looking at that table, I think that is a good idea to go with 1ga. I'm going to see if there is a local electric supplier that handles that size wire. I thought about buying it on ebay but shipping that much weight...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Hoko; 11-24-2014, 07:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hoko
    started a topic Welding Leads

Welding Leads

Hi, I just bought a Miller Dialarc without leads. Most of my welding is steel fabrication and repair with 1/8" 7018 rods. What size wire would I need for 75 ft leads?
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X