Collapse
10 results in 0.0063 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• JHB
    replied to fixturing techniques?
    Thanks very much for the information. The book looks like one of the things I ought to have in my library. Bob, your philosophy about building fixtures for specific projects is what I'm after and I have done a little of it so far. I do ornamental ironwork using traditional blacksmith techniques as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JHB
    started a topic fixturing techniques?

fixturing techniques?

Are there any pointers that any of you can give me about fixturing? For example, I'd like to do some limited production of similar types of furniture. If I wanted to set up a fixture to help clamp table legs in place and make sure they were square with everything, how would be the best way to start?...
    See more | Go to post

• JHB
    replied to Question about starting Business
    The tax man and your accountant are the two folks you want to keep happy. I don't know specifics about how much you get back from 'write offs' but it is extremely important to keep receipts and if your truck is used for personal stuff, keep mileage records. Your accountant can save you lots by depreciating...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JHB
    replied to Question about starting Business
    Glad to see this thread. After about 6 years of trying to get an ornamental ironworks going, I'm still trying. Working another full time job slows things down, but the regular paycheck is hard to give up.
    What I have learned is:
    Keep receipts! Your accountant will love you.
    Keep...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JHB
    replied to learning to weld
    migmaniac70
    Thanks for that link. It really did help to clear a few things up for me.
    Joe
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JHB
    fun4now
    Many thanks for pointing me toward harbor freight for the wall mounted unit. My current shop is kind of small and the wall mounted one will be a great help.
    Joe
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JHB
    Andy,
    Many thanks for any information you can send my way. I have sent you my address as requested.
    Now, what cheater lens are you talking about and who makes them and where from are they available? I wear no-line progressive lens in my glasses. They work exceptionally well, by the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JHB
    Hi Andy,
    Thanks for the tips. I have been using .035 wire, 75% argon, 25% co2. My very first project with the 251 was some larger stuff so I started with .035. I had been thinking of getting some lighter gage wire. I also learned pretty quick that it worked better to push than to pull....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JHB
    started a topic learning to weld

learning to weld

I am primarily a blacksmith. I like to use so-called traditional joinery techniques. But I am also a practical person. Many times I need either electric or gas welds for making fixtures or tools or in certain sculptures. I have welded for many years with an old Lincoln buzz box and stick electrodes....
    See more | Go to post

• Hi Alex,
    I'd really like to get a copy of that pdf file.
    Thanks,
    Joe
    [email protected]
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X