Collapse
67 results in 0.0322 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Gaslight
    replied to Adding HF
    That's why I took the second posters advice and sold it already, and am in the market for a DX. I don't think you need DX bells and whistles to weld bikes, but there are advantages to inverters aside from the features. Bike welding is I think different, because when you get passed raw structural results...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That is an interesting thread, and coincidentally, I am picking one of those units up, I hope, this weekend. Obviously it isn't going to run a torch that cuts through 2" of plate, but it will run a small craft torch for aircraft and bike welding sorta stuff. I still have the propane and oxy bottles...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• One issue that is a big amateur issue, but I don't know the answer to is, let's say you are a pro, and starting and for the next 30 years you will be insured etc.... Now you are an amateur, and you think you would like to give it a try, and if it doesn't work out, what the heck. So you get insurance....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The only legal thing you need to know is that you can be sued for sure. For starters lawsuits often start out with a broad brush, so you can go through an extended period of time worrying, and paying costly legal bills, and then get dropped from the suit. In other words even if the advice you got...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gaslight
    replied to Adding HF
    The current set up has a pedal and works. Lift arc was sold to me as being better than HF, and there being no reason for me to spend the minor dough to get the top Maxstar 150, but it hasn't worked for me. I find when you are learning, it is just one more contamination problem. There are also situations...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• When I said TM didn't support Hydrogen welding, I didn't mean to suggest you couldn't do it. I don't know either way. I just meant that he is in the OA business, and recently added propane tips to his lineup. This reference would seen to imply that you could use his stuff for hydrogen welding, as...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gaslight
    replied to Adding HF
    Sold the unit, all I need now is to get a new DX. Any recommendations on torches or pedals. I don't think the unit I am getting even has a stinger, anything there?

I was thinking of a CK with the light cord, one doesn't need much for 30 thou.

Anything to say about the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I don't think Tinman supports hydrogen welding. I have his torch and Alcoa tape, which is very interesting on all the old methods of welding aluminum.

What is out there is this stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGz5X1hB3Nw

HHO generators, and you can...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gaslight
    replied to Adding HF
    Funny you should say that, because I posted on craigs the moment I left here. But if I get stuck with it because all I get offered is few hundred, just for instance, then I will still need to know what option are open. I hear people are putting HF on those chinese machines...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gaslight
    started a topic Adding HF

Adding HF

I have a Maxstar 150 set up for TIG, but it doesn't have the HF start or pulse. Whoops. Is there any way to cheaply add both, or at least the HF? What is the cheapest sensible way of going to a water cooled torch (way lower priority). I mostly weld, .035 tubes. I mention cheapest because I will...
    See more | Go to post

• Gaslight
    replied to Dynasty Welding Book?
    I remember a few years back we had a thread where a guy jumped in and said he could weld 1" aluminum with the DX 200. Sure there was skepticism, to put it mildly, but he got a hearing. That was the moment I knew I needed a DX. Magical properties.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gaslight
    started a topic Surface plate table.

Surface plate table.

I need a simple rolling stand for a surface plate. Probably a bad idea for a real plate, but the one I bought is just been used for light fixturing, not much real surface plate work. It needs to appear and disappear on cue. I can figure out the assembly for such a device, but I figured there might be...
    See more | Go to post

• Gaslight
    replied to Gas Welding links
    I'm looking for Acetalyne/Oxygen links, not gas shielded electric welding. It's off topic, but I imagine some people here would do both kinds.

I'm also interested in DC stick info for aluminum. I always thought you could only AC Stick Aluminum, but apparently DC was comon years ago,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Gaslight
    started a topic Gas Welding links

Gas Welding links

I have a Maxstar 150 set up as a TIG, Occasionally I want to weld Al, and I have A gas welder, and wondered if there are any good links out there for gas welders. Forums, home pages, flux recipees, etc... I have a good handle on commercial suppliers (as far as I know), but attempts to find good info...
    See more | Go to post

• Gaslight
    started a topic Filing/grinding welds

Filing/grinding welds

I have often heard it is a bad thing to file a weld that is structurally OK, but ugly. To remove metal from the bead left behind by the welder. Sounds as though there could be some concern that a stress riser might be formed in the process. Could I get some coments on this: Is it a legitimate concern,...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X