Collapse
40 results in 0.0094 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Amos F.
    replied to Picket Twister
    The tractor PTOs only turn their rated rpm (540 or 1000) when the engine is at its rated rpm (usually almost full throttle). I have one tractor that at idle only turns 148 rpm. Can be very useful for those slow turning machines....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amos F.
    replied to Forklift Snow Plow
    I wish I had pictures of our first forklift. It came with a bucket, a blade, two sets of forks. She was a real cream puff! The blade had a steel box built behind it on the forks with 1000# of weight in it. It would push snow, gravel (if you took small bites) and do a good job. Of course it was...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have the same ring roller I bought off ebay as well as fun4now. Good piece of equipment. I don't use it that often but when I do it is indispensable. I am definately going to copy the ring handle now though (not sure why I didn't think of it before.
    When it comes to a press, let your mind...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amos F.
    replied to pressure tight cast iron welds
    I have been using the BBQ for a few years now to preheat (used to use the kitchen oven till the girlfriend moved in), some piece I don't post heat in the BBQ after welding but what I do to cool all pieces (post heat in BBQ or not), is I wrap them in fiberglass insulation (house insulation bats) and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amos F.
    replied to Truck Broke into
    I don't lock my vehicles that sit outside the shop or garage anymore. After a period of 9 weeks of having a window broke in a vehicle or a door bent so bad from being pried open every week and only petty things stolen we don't lock them. Neighbors said they weren't having a problem after the first...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I will admit that I love the looks of the stars and stripes Elite. But being a Canadian I bought the Maple Leaf Elite. I never look at it as it is through the lens or I put it in the bag it came with, but seeing the picture of yours Coalsmoke brought a big smile to my face and I just went to the shop...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amos F.
    replied to Some more scary stuff to look at
    Having served many of my formative years around stock cars, and occasionally coming out of kids imposed retirement(wife doesn't like it when I do this) I can surely agree that this car is not safe. I have never been in inspection and seen anything like that get passed. It looks to me like it was painted...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amos F.
    replied to How much to ask for PT-185?
    I bought mine and thought it would do everything I wanted it for. I should have bought the pt275. Hindsight is always better! I love my 185 but am a little short when fixing some thick aluminum dump trailers. If anyone wants a 185 in Ontario mine could be had real reasonable as I still want to go...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I think from what you posted above that you are on the right track. I had the money for a larger machine but bought a smaller one. Regret that immensely! I should have bought the first machine I set out to. Liquid cooled torch for sure, whatever the cost or added equipment required. I would not...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amos F.
    replied to Paradise in Canada?
    Hit right on 68 here yesterday.
    Amos
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amos F.
    replied to Miller BWE shade 8-13
    Personally I like the idea of the grind mode in the shade 3. I have one of the first BWE with the shade 4 and it could be a little brighter. I would like it to have a shade 5 that I could set it in for my plasma as it always goes dark when using it no matter where I set the sensitivity.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amos F.
    replied to Welding Helmet ?
    You want to find one that fits your head and is comfortable to wear. I have a BWE and am happy with it. I find that when I am stick welding or mig on a long weld or big project I use my fixed lens Jackson that I have had for 15 years or so. I love the way it fits my head. It was like $50 back then...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amos F.
    replied to Air compressor tank
    I have driven and fixed semi trucks sine before I was legally old enough to drive them. No offense but buy a new tank if you are going to use one of this style. The old (in the 70's ) ones if looked after are good and strong, the newer ones are thinner and don't seem to last as long. They are not...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• And I thought I was the only one who would "waste time and energy " fixing those. I was told they wouldn't last an hour if repaired. You had to buy them new. Same guy told me that bought a machine I had repaired and still doesn't know it.... life's like that.

Excellent work...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Amos F.
    replied to Aluminum flatbeds
    I have aluminum trailers, boxes, and flat bed trailers that are all aluminum. I have had steel trailers exactly the same. The aluminum cost more and in some cases actually weigh almost exactly the same. I bought a set of lightwieght steel trailers and got rid of them in 5 years as they were rusting...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X