Collapse
7 results in 0.0051 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• gclose
    replied to Weldcraft WP-20 Torch repair
    Thanks cruiser ,I thought that was prob the case . Do you ever make up cables with a larger bore outer so that there is always more water surrounding the copper core and if so where can I get some of that outer flexi cable. Regards...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gclose
    Hey cruiser thanks for that. Didnt want to hear it but if thats the facts of life so be it . Any reason why my fuse link wouldnt have protected the cable. Fuse was 260A and I was welding (briefly) on about 160A. Syncrowave 351. Regards...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gclose
    Hey H80N thanks for the quick reply. That graphic shows the fitting in #22 but it is for the complete cable and I want to get the brass fitting only. Called Weldcraft and thought he phone service was great they do no sell direct. Called Arc Zone and they have a kit which includes both brass ends but...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gclose
    started a topic Weldcraft WP-20 Torch repair

Weldcraft WP-20 Torch repair

This sound familiar to anyone ??

Started welding (no water on) you know the rest. I have a fuse link to stop this happening but in this instance both the fuse and cable went at the same time. Grrrr !!!! I want to repair the power cable (rubber flexi type)but cannot find any of the fittings...
    See more | Go to post

• gclose
    started a topic Superflex Cables

Superflex Cables

I'm using a CK20 torch with the standard cables and finding them pretty stiff especially in cold weather. Am tempted to get a set of superflex cables and would like to know how durable they are and the general view as to whether the investment is worth it. If so does anyone know of a good supplier....
    See more | Go to post

• gclose
    replied to Ck watercooled torch
    G'day there canuck
    Never had probs with CK torches myself. You can always connect up your mains water supply to the coolant IN side then regulate the flow with a small adjustable valve or tap to mimimise water usage. This is a system I use as my welder stays mainly in 1 location.This has been...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gclose
    replied to How do you weld cast aluminum?
    Identifying Magnesium/Welding wheel rims

To ID. mag. put a drop of spirits of salts onto the surface of metal and wait a few mins . If it turns black its Mag. Hope this helps.
    All previous advice good.
    Strip rim,drill out hole,remove surface skin(both sides) with Al. cut...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X