63 results in 0.0321 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Chopper
    started a topic Miller Model 320A BP?

Miller Model 320A BP?

I was hoping you folks could help me. My father just moved and has a real nice Miller Model 320A BP welder. He bought it from a retired aircraft welder and the thing is in excellent condition. He asked me to see what their worth and if he should sell it.

I have a Dynasty 200 DX and it...
    See more | Go to post

• Chopper
    started a topic Do different rods flow better?

Do different rods flow better?

I was using some er70s02 rod and then er70s03 and it seemed the 02 flowed a lot better. Is this just in my head or do different rods definately make a difference? I was welding 1 1/8 DOM 120 tubing to 1/4 inch brackets. Had it set on TIG HF Impulse (Dynasty 200 DX Machine) and with 140 amps and post...
    See more | Go to post

• Chopper
    replied to Cleaning/Prep Before Welding
    Great thanks. I'm assuming the local paint or hardware store would have it? Thanks again.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Chopper
    started a topic Cleaning/Prep Before Welding

Cleaning/Prep Before Welding

I had some parts dropped off to me over the weekend and they have been sprayed all over with wd-40. I have to TIG over that area which is pretty tight with all kinds of nooks and cranny's, what should I use to clean the area before attempting to weld it? Thanks.
    See more | Go to post

• Chopper
    started a topic air pockets?

air pockets?

whats the most common cause for having the puddle pop and leave an air pocket? I'm guessing its from contaminants or dirty material?
    See more | Go to post

• Dawg,

No problem with the Lincoln one, its just a week long class located a long ways away from here. I belong to a metal shaping organization and we often hold events regionally to help folks who cant travel. Plus its hard to leave for a week at a time. A weekend event or even a day...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Chopper
    started a topic How About A TIG Welding Class in NE?

How About A TIG Welding Class in NE?

I know there was talk about a miller welding school and I havent heard any updates on it. I was wondering if some of the member from here would host a new england welding class/school. It would be very beneficial to some of us, namely newbies like me.

Andy, any updates on the school...
    See more | Go to post

• Chopper
    replied to Dynasty 200 DX Help
    I'm using straight Argon. I think it was a combination of improper setup on my part and being new. I have been practicing a little every night and slowly getting better. The one thing that still seems to happen is arc wander. I grind the tunsten (1.5% Lanthanated) down per the miller instructional tech...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Chopper
    Thanks I will try that this evening. Yes I have the regular pink (stock) cup. Raven, nobody is newer at tig than me What was happening was the flame (arc?) was not concentrated in a fine area, I reground the tunsten and it helped a little, but it still gets loose on me, meaning it starts spreading...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Chopper
    Yes I meant gas lens, my bad. Is it common to have the end of the tunsten get so hot it melts?
    What is a good base line for welding 16gauge steel in terms of settings? THanks.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Chopper
    I think I may be in DC +, where is the switch to change to -?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Chopper
    started a topic Dynasty 200 DX Help

Dynasty 200 DX Help

Finally got everything pieced together for the Dynasty and got it hooked up. Now I am up front, I am a newbie to TIG. With that said, I am having a **** of a time with this thing.
    Trying to weld some 16gauge steel, just making passes. I definately need a little guidance on set up. I am using...
    See more | Go to post

• Chopper
    started a topic Idiot needs help!

Idiot needs help!

The idiot being me! Have the Dynasty 200 DX, need quick help on wiring it.
    4 wires, black,white, red, green. I am ONLY going to use this machine on 115 and 230. Recently read the post on the DVI cord. Regardless, which wire goes where on whatever plug I go with? Sorry, but I am a COMPLETE IDIOT...
    See more | Go to post

• Chopper
    replied to Stopping rust on raw metal
    I use naval jelly, works pretty good most of the time. Can get it at local hardware store usually. And no funny remarks about that either
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Chopper
    replied to Little TIG Trick I Think?
    Maybe thats what he meant, it helps with the heat.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X