No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
61 results in 0.0602 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Quite honestly, there is no reason that this setup should not work. a stinger is just a way to grip an electrode and transfer current. I have an older tig torch that I really don't care if anything happens to it, so I will try this for chits and giggles, but I really don't see how it will damage the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to Lets see some beads
    here's a couple of some welds done using an Argon/Hydrogen blend. the hydrogen produces a reducing atmosphere that helps reduce the oxidation to pretty much zero. increases fluidity, faster travel speed, lower heat affected zone, etc....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to S.s Mig ?
    I found an older picture on my computer of a tig weld done with 2% Hydrogen on 316 plate. notice the heat affected zone is pretty small compared to those of argon welds. I did a 'speed' test with an outside corner weld on 3/16 ss plate, no filler, 20 seconds of arc/travel time. The pure argon got me...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to S.s Mig ?
    Just a little clarification....while the 'best' gas for welding stainless is a 90/7.5/2.5 blend, this is true for short arc only. for higher voltages and thicker materials, blends like 90%AR/8%CO2/2%O2, and for pulse welding, 66.1%AR/33%He/.9%CO2 work very well.
    As for Tig stainless, look into...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    started a topic road show in Winnipeg

road show in Winnipeg

FYI For those of you in the Winnipeg area, the new Miller Roadshow trailer will be at the Praxair location on Nairn avenue first week of June. open house day I believe is Thursday June 7.

If you're in the area, worth checking it out.
    See more | Go to post

• sparx
    replied to Grinder Discs
    differences

One of the things to look at when picking up grinding discs is the amount of grinding material as opposed to the amount of filler that they use.....
    I took a couple of discs off our shelf and took a couple of pics. Picture one is a side by side comparison of two grinding...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to Red V350 Pro and LN742
    you can't go wrong with that package. The LN742 is a great feeder, and with the digital readouts, easy to set up. The V-350Pro is an icredible little machine. runs on any voltge except 110. incredible control of the arc in stick and mig modes, and can be used for gouging without really "hurting"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to Why am I getting cracks?
    grab a coffee....

This might turn out to be a long reply, so just prepping everyone ahead of time.

:note: the following is taken from the welding aluminum theory and practice book second edition.
    (my bible.)

"The selection of filler alloy for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to Why am I getting cracks?
    2 cents....

Just a quick observation leading to a guess.....looking at the first pic, I would guess that the crack started at the crater. At the end of a weld, especially in aluminum, the crater needs to be filled at the end of a weld. This is where 95% of the cracks in an aluminum weld...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to Miller Zippo
    guide...

http://www.zippoclick.com/media/pdf/collectorsGuide.pdf

As Harco said, this lighter was built between 1950 and 1957.
    click on the link above (or paste on your browser) to get a copy of the latest zippo collectors guide. great information in this guide........
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to Miller Zippo
    one more pic..

take a picture of the bottom of the lighter..it will have the zippo logo, where it was manfactured (pennsylvania?) and a date code that I can decifer for you....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to weird question
    Possible? Yes
    Smart? No

While it is possible to hook up a carbon arc torch to this machine, I definitely don't recommend it. the hardest thing on a welding machine (any welding machine) is gouging. creating dead shorts as frequently as gouging does will greatly shorten the life...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to Dialarc Front Panel Help
    still needing....

If you still need a good close-up, I have a Dialarc HF serial number HJ........that looks like has the same panel as yours. Panel looks almost new, just the yellow 'warning' label is faded a bit. I don't have my camera here at work, so if you still need a picture, I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to tell us a bit about yourself
    info

Name is Paul.....Sales guy for welding supply company in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. 38yrs.old, married 14 years, 2 girls, 12 and 7. hobbies include golf, playing pool, hunting (moose), fishing (walleye), fly fishing (coaster brook trout and steelhead), working on our ice racer...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparx
    replied to Tig torch
    machine type?

If you could post a manufacturer of the machine with maybe a model or serial number, I might be able to help. sounds like the connector is a mini dinse. with the price of tig torches coming down with the major suppliers competing against each other, you should be able to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X