Collapse
11 results in 0.0134 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Tinker
    replied to Water Cooled Torches
    Regulator might be built into your pump..

Hi Laiky,

If the pump on your carbonator pump is a Procon you should be in luck as far as pressure regulation. On the Procon that I've got not only is there a built in strainer filter but there's a built in regulator. If you find...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tinker
    replied to Inverter Tig Foot Pedal
    1fasbu, If I'm reading your description correctly it sounds like you're suggesting a method to switch between the panel and the pedal pot?

While that would probably work the pedal usually lets you vary the amperage from zero to a maximum of whatever the panel current is set to. In other...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tinker
    replied to Home built Water-cooler
    George,

I've got my doubts about the bilge pump. I'm thinking it's just a simple impeller type pump a lot like the little HF fountain pump that I first tried. Decent volume but can't develop much pressure. The specs on the pump box looked good to me but when I connected the output...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tinker
    replied to Home built Water-cooler
    IMHO those carbonator pumps are the only way to go. I experimented with a few cheap fountain type pumps but they couldn't give me the pressure that I needed to push a decent amount of water thru my CK torch. It has the small superflex hoses which may have been part of the volume problem. Got my pump...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Only riding off-road (dirt, desert, sand) and MX track these days. Primary ride is a '97 Honda CR250. Other bikes include a '71 Yamaha Enduro 125 and a '68 Yamaha Riverside 60. Also have an '84 Yamaha YZ 125 that's out of commission at the moment. What can I say, I never get rid of anything ...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tinker
    started a topic Used MM185 Pricing Advice?

Used MM185 Pricing Advice?

Looks like I'll have a chance to make an offer on some welding equipment that's been left behind due to a death in the family of a friend of a friend. I haven't seen the equipment myself but my friend brought back some pictures for me after I told him I was interested in some of the items. There's a...
    See more | Go to post

• Tinker
    replied to 1976 econo twin hf foot switch
    Flamephil,

According to the Miller info & schematics they're controlling the power to the HF circuits directly with the local or remote switch, not with a relay. I've attached the schematic from their web site below. Since the schematic didn't give any details on the transformers...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tinker
    replied to 1976 econo twin hf foot switch
    I took a look at the manual that Miller posts on their web site since I'm not familar with this particular welder. According to the manual there is a switch on the front panel that you can use to either select continuous HF or let the remote control activate it. The front panel switch is controlling...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tinker
    replied to Campbel Hasfild..oops
    Teeps makes another good point on that 120v input power. I had to use an extension cord to get my Century 135 GS MIG to some work and really noticed a difference since I was operating on the hairy edge of it's capability. I finally ended up swaping out the short, light power cord on the welder for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tinker
    replied to scratch start ?
    My very first tig experience was scratch start and I found it pretty frustrating. Kept sticking the tungsten and even using a copper strike plate made it only a bit better for me. Of course my inexperience and the fact that I rigged a cheap 17V torch up to my 120V MIG might have made things a bit...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tinker
    replied to Syncrowave 180SD foot pedal
    I'd check for the easiest problem area first, the foot control. If you can't borrow another foot control to swap in to see if that fixes your problem you should be able to test it with an ohm meter. There is a variable resistor (pot) inside of the foot control that will show a change in ohms as you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X