37 results in 0.0085 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• weldckr
    replied to Survey for welders
    1) 34 years
    2) You have to shout if you talk while welding the hood muffels your voice. And its noisy in the shop so for someone to hear you you got to shout.
    3)Not really
    4)Some hearing loss,ringing in the ears, no ear pain,no heart disease.
    5)No. Why? Old school pipe welders...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• As the other guys posted 8" S40 just dosent have enough wall thickness to run 5/32" upside down (.322" wall). Especially when you get to deadmans curve right about 7-8 o'clock. I uasually only run 3/16" on 2G heavy wall or on the top half of a 5G heavy wall. (1-1/2" or thicker...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by weldckr; 07-22-2011, 07:06 AM. Reason: delete repeted word

Leave a comment:

• weldckr
    replied to Welding schools cancelled
    Contact the local pipefitters, boilermaker or ironworker hall or maybe millwright or even laborers. They may let you enroll in their classes or use their training center (probably for a fee). They have all the stuff you need and instructors. They may even be willing to trade electrical work for training....
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by weldckr; 05-23-2011, 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• weldckr
    replied to Apprenticeship
    Forgot to put in my last post, the stuff that bob the welder said coundnt be more acurate. and as said in a previous post (sorry forgot the name) pencil and notbook.
    "a short pencil is better than a long memory!"
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldckr
    replied to Apprenticeship
    72 is a good local with a good program.
    When I was an apprentice one day an old timer told me that the defination of an apprentice was to "push pull lift and run". After 30 years in the trade this still holds true some what.
    Keep your eyes and ears open, learn all you can, ask...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Funny part about it is that you take a 6G test to get the job, but thats the only one you may make on the job. The rest are 1G, 5G and the occassional 2G. If you get 6G test wise but cant do the others you aint gonna make the 75K if you are getting run off all the time!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldckr
    replied to helpful hints smaw weld test
    Good advice, also take a pair of broken in gloves, new ones are stiff and dont fit right at first. test day is not the time to try anything new, go with what has worked in the past, like sonora says take a awl or scribe in case yo cant use the grinder they work great for picking out those pesky little...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I thought it was a pretty darn good demo, basicly the same way I do it. I have tried the auto lens to try to take video thru, it dosent work to well. I think the shade 10 I have is to dark. But photography is NOT my thing, thats a whole nother skill that escapes me.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldckr
    replied to Baffin steel toe pac boots?
    Mickey mouse are the best, but if you need steel toes i got a pair of pak boots with liners and steel toes, they were made by Batta the makers of the Mickey Mouse boots, they fit great and are WARM (if you dry the liners at night or get a spare pair) normally steel toes fit me poorly but these are great...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldckr
    replied to welding pipe with fluxcore
    your instructor is clueless, when he shows you how to do this and is sucessful at it i want to see video of it. rig hand is right this is almost unheard of, std wall pipe is only .154" thick!! downhill what about all the slag? and open root you gotta be blowin holes that you could stick your thumb...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sad part about it is that there are shops like that all over. Some clown watches the cable shows where they build junk and buzz some parts together and they think, hey I can do that! They buy a welding machine, try it out and learn on someone elses project. They have no respect for what a REAL WELDER...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldckr
    replied to jobs....
    Try pipeliners local 798
    www.local798.org
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldckr
    replied to Mig ss pipe test 6g
    you need more gap, ss shrinks like crazy, start out with a 1/8 gap. weld the bottom 1/2 first then do the top.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldckr
    replied to Dog Kennel project help
    I havent visited this or any of the other weld forums in a while and after seeing the petty bickering on this one i remember why I stopped checking them out.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldckr
    replied to certification
    Danny,
    go on the internet for Wi dept. of commerce, then click on safety and buildings, next click on the welding tab and you can find out all the info you need. in Wi structural tests are given by state certified weld test conductors and the welders are registered with the state, the conductors...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X