Collapse
46 results in 0.0073 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• sparky123
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    YMBAW if.... The collage kids ask were you buy your cool clothes, for some reason they can't figure out how to make their own.

.... your wife won't let you wash your clothes at home any more(stick stubs apparently are not good for the pump)

.... my boss at the property...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by sparky123; 05-14-2009, 09:08 PM. Reason: addition

Leave a comment:

• That looks like some petty cool stuff you have there. Thanks for your quick answer to my last post saved a big head ache.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    replied to spear points for fencing
    Thanks. I checked out king's site and found what i need. I am also going to give the make your own idea a try. It sounds like it might be fun.
    Nick
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    started a topic spear points for fencing

spear points for fencing

I see that my last post incited a riot. I did pick up a bottle of argon monday and my tig learning is comong along well, I think. I will post some pics to be disected by all my forum friends. Thanks for all your help. Now to the point: I have a old (100+ years) iron fence to restore around a historical...
    See more | Go to post

• sparky123
    replied to tig with C25?
    thanks for the reply. i found my tig book finaly.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    started a topic tig with C25

tig with C25

I picked up a tig torch today for my maxstar 150. I don't have a argon bottle yet, but I do have a full bottle of C25 on my mig cart. Can I use this for sheilding gas untill I can get a argon bottle?
    Thanks
    See more | Go to post

• sparky123
    started a topic tig with C25?

tig with C25?

Just picked up a tig torch for my maxstar 150 today at a great price. I don't have a argon bottle yet but I do have a full bottle on c25 on my mig welder at the moment. Can I use this as a sheilding gas untill I can pick up a argon bottle?
    Thanks
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by sparky123; 04-18-2009, 03:33 PM.

• sparky123
    replied to Maxstar 150
    I love my little maxstar. It gets most of its use repairing dumpsters and steel fire escapes. It is usually run on 110v off of a 100 foot 10 gage cord. I have no complants about this great machine.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    replied to boiler repair
    I looked at the job today and walked away. It was a 1/2 inch rust hole with a spider web of cracks raadiating from it. It was only met to be a tempory fix if I could do anything untill the new boiler arrived at the end of the week. Thanks for your input.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by sparky123; 10-13-2008, 07:39 PM. Reason: addition

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    started a topic boiler repair

boiler repair

tomorrow I have to weld closed a 1/2 inch hole in a large boiler tank. I think it is most likly cast iron but I haven't seen it yet. DC stick is the mechine I have avalible. Rod and setting would be greatly helpful thanks, NICK
    See more | Go to post

• sparky123
    replied to My new website is up:)
    Nice work.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    replied to Still Not Sure
    I've had my mm135 now for 4 years and it has been a exceptional machine. The mm140 is the new and improved version. Airgas lists it on there web site for $644+s\h. They will give you a better price at the store though.
    Nick
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    replied to New Maxstar 150
    The floor is surprisingly in very good shape. Since we are talking dumpsters does any one have a good, reliable source for the plastic, flip up lids?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    replied to New Maxstar 150
    Good guess. That is exactly what i am replacing. I had a few sticks of 6010 1/8 that i grabbed from the supply that i made some practice beads with. I thought these would run to hot for 11 gauge, i'll pick up some 3/32 and give that a try. Thanks, Nick.
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by sparky123; 06-13-2008, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sparky123
    started a topic New Maxstar 150

New Maxstar 150

My new maxstar 150 came today!!! This seems to be a very nice little machine. I haven't done very much stick welding yet but that is going to change monday. My first job with it is a dumpster repair. Four: 72"x12" 11 gage patches. Any suggestions on rod and settings would be greatly helpful....
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X